Off Topic Lend us a thought, a hope, a prayer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A few years ago, after my dad took a severance package before an expected RIF, there was some talk that he could sleep on my couch. That's gotta be rough on your salary ( especially as I think you alluded to what it was in that wages thread awhile back ).

Good luck. Be thrifty. Fortunately, it seems us boy coaches are sometimes in demand. Hard to find us coaches who want to deal with boys and it seems gymnastics is actually gaining numbers in these hard times which kinda baffles me. I think there is more of a focus on getting or keeping kids active, especially on the rec side. However, I think our times are taking its toll on the team side.

Geoff,
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Your parents are blessed to have a son like you. Don't lose faith. Things will improve in time.

My dad just got a job! Not only that, but it's pretty much his dream job; he'll be working for the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The only downside is that my parents will have to move to Montgomery, Alabama; my parents being your texbook yankee blue state liberals, it's hardly an ideal location for them.

I am currently looking for a place to live, so I won't be joining them in this move. I hope.

Hi GT - great news about your Dad getting his dream job. I am sure you will miss them when they move. Will keep saying some prayers for a place for you to live and good luck to them in their new journey !!

My dad just got a job! Not only that, but it's pretty much his dream job; he'll be working for the Southern Poverty Law Center.

The only downside is that my parents will have to move to Montgomery, Alabama; my parents being your texbook yankee blue state liberals, it's hardly an ideal location for them.

I am currently looking for a place to live, so I won't be joining them in this move. I hope.

Wow, that's pretty cool! Hopefully they'll find a community of individuals in Montgomery they will fit in with, and a change of scenary is always interesting.

Good luck on your own search.

GT that is great news for your family, tough for you though. Hopefully you'll find somewhere nice to live. House shares can be great at your age, I had some of my best years doing that! Now of course I house share with my kids, now that's a whole different kind of fun!

Hey, an update: I'm buying a townhouse. Not only that, but once I move in it will be a MUCH shorter drive to the gym than I currently have.

My dad has settled into his new home in Montgomery, and my mom is preparing to make the move. My brother's preparing to return to college.

Things looked pretty bad for a time, but it looks like everything's turning out a-ok.

Congrats on climbing onto the property ladder, a great way to start your life. How do you feel about the parents moving?

WOnderful that things have come together for your family, but you know good things happen to good people too.

What a wonderful outcome GT. Congrat's on your home and your shortened commute!!!

Is your gym still only doing Prep-Op? If so I guess we won't see you at any meets until spring.

Anyway - best of luck to you and your family and I am glad things worked out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back