DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
Hey, all.

I'll get right to the point here: my family's going through some rough times. Both my parents have been laid off, and I am now the sole breadwinner in the house supporting myself, my parents, and my brother.

I have always been an optimist, and it is no different now; I am confident things will work out in the end, but admittedly less confident than I sometimes am.

If you could spare my family a thought, a hope, a prayer to your deity of choice, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Hey GT, that is a tough spot to be in. Sending you and your family all my good thoughts. They certainly are blessed to have a great son like you, your positive outlook and great work ethic will help get you all through this family crisis. Remember you have all of us behind you in all that you do. I would be so proud to have a son like you, you are wise beyond your years.

Bog

GT - My thoughts are with you. You are an amazing coach, gymnast, music mixer and all around great ChalkBucket guy! I am sure the financial times will turn around soon.

Keep that positive attitude. My theory is that everything happens for a reason. You might not be able to see it right now, but when you come out of this on the otherside a lesson will be learned.

Thinking of you!

GT- Ditto on what Kristilyn and Bog said.

Sending you lots of good vibes that things will get better. Keep that positive attitude, it is half the battle. :goodvibes:

Good things come to good people, Geoffrey. :)

Near as I can tell, that means you and yours will make it through this rough patch and come out in fine shape.

My family's thoughts are with you.

- Harv

Lots of prayers heading your way... I'm so sorry to hear about the difficulties you are coping with. I hope all will work out for you and your family.

Hey GT-
Sorry to hear that. My thougts and prayers are with you & your family at this rough time. I agree, that things will work outfit the best and that we just cannot really see that in the midst of it all.

I understand where you are coming from as DH's business has slowed to almost non-existent due to the economy, making me the sole breadwinner for a family of 4, not counting the critters.

I will be sureto keep you and your family in my prayers. And hey, maybe someone has an employment fairy they could send

Hoping good thing for you and your family.

As hard as it is to be optimistic, you family may be needing that from you just as much right now. Keep positive thoughts. It has gotten me though many a tough times!

Best Wishes everything works out okay.

Never give up hope, GT! Sending good thoughts & prayers your way, along w/ employment fairies and dollar-stretching fairies. :)

Sorry to hear that. It's a lot of responsibility to be placed on one person's shoulders...however I am sure they admire and respect you for taking on this burden with grace. It is an opportunity in a way. I am glad you are confident, good luck, sending good thoughts.

I feel sure with your optimistic attitude, everything will work itself out. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and know that God does not give us more than we can handle.

I know I'm just a kid but I wish your family the best of luck. And it may feel like a lot of pressure on youself but but take life one day at a time and good news will soon come. :)

At this point it's pretty clear that my coaching salary will not be enough to pay the bills.

Fortunately, both my parents got a decent severence package, and we have enough savings tucked away to last us awhile.

Hopefully (and I am still optimistic) one or both of them will be able to find a decent job long before we reach the end of those.

Whoa, I don't know how I missed this thread for so long! Add my thoughts, hopes, and prayers to the mix! I'm glad you're keeping optimistic, things will look up. It's good that you guys have each other, you sound like a very tight family and that's really great.

My husband got laid off back when our daughter was first born, I remember stretching our severance dollars. If you need any practical advice for living (especially eating) on the cheap let me know! I'll include what comes to mind immediately. Right now there's a few of us at the gym car pooling to Costco. 2 of us have memberships, so we meet the ones who don't there the first Saturday of the month so they can get a mountain of food for less than the grocery store. Costco and Sam's club are great options for buying meat in bulk. Buy some freezer bags to separate it into dinner size portions for storage and use. You can get fruits and vegetables for REALLY cheap at the store if they are in season. I got zucchini and squash for like 33 cents a pound last year, bought a ton and washed, cut, stored it in freezer bags. As long as you buy seasonal you should be good to load up and store it for later!

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back