Parents Leo Question ??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymCrazzzimom

HI! This is m very first post!!

Well Today my daughter got her giants connected to a shoot over and i was so so proud of her!! I wanted to buy her a new leo but i dont know which kind to get her or whats a good price? Also what are those cute little gym shorts. She like only has 3 leos now and we got those from fellow teamates so this will be the first one i buy for her myself. I saw the new adiadas leos but the faberic looks really thin and almost see through. My dd is 13 so any suggestions...?? Please help. :):):):):):)

Does your gym have a pro shop where she could check some out for size? Different brands will fit them in different ways. Also at 13, they can be quite picky about what style etc. they like. My gymmie(just turned 12) is in love with Motionwear right now. If you and your dd would like to internet shop, just google gymnastic leotards and most of the big manufacturers will be pulled up. All of them do have sizing charts on their sites, but if in doubt contact them before ordering.

Adidas are all the rage. they are good quality. I would only shy away from white. I think my dd has most of the styles. You can get them from the GK site....google gymnstics leotards, GK and you should find it. Adidas are pretty true to GK size wise. The olympians are all wearing adidas. Our Russian coach thinks they are the bomb.

:):)Thank you so much!!!

Please keep the info. about leos coming...

The Adidis ones are very nice quality. I didn't notice they were thinner in material. I would get her one of those they are very hot right now. I am sure DD will have one next time we go leo shopping or the next time she gets a big skill.

Can't believe your daughter is 13 and you haven't had to buy her leos up until now. How silly do I feel for having about 15 for my 7 yr old & been buying them since she was 3, LOL

I like the GK brand. My DD has several of them including an Addidas (red, white, blue) one as her team leo. It washes/wears well and is pretty thick. As one poster mentioned I would stay clear of any of the all white/silver ones as our gym had a HUGE problem with these as team leotards. I love to get my leos off ebay, either used (real discounts) or new w/tag but still a discount. For inexpensive but still good ones I have used the Snowflake design site to order.

For the velvet shorts I also like the GK brand, but usually order right from the site unless I see a bargin on ebay and then I can't resist!

Happy shopping!

Our team leo is addidas and is red and white. The red is definitely thicker than the white - and washing it is kinda scary - so far no problems though.

Whenever I get leos I look at the size chart and measure my dd since all of them do run slightly different.

Oh - and of course congrats to your dd for her new skill - that is awesome :D

Welcome to the CB.

My daughters also really like the Addidas, but mostly have GK. I find that the different cuts often fit differntly. It is always best if she could try them on or go with a cut she is used to.

Imat3

Yes, beware of the different cuts(usually in the panty area) and brands, My gymmie who is rather muscular(kind of a Shawn Johnson build) has to get GK in adult x-small---those are our comp and warm up leos, but can wear every other brand in a child large.

Another decent leo site is tumblewear.com. Prices are reasonable(and include a scrunchie), they have a decent selection of designs for younger or older girls and their leos really hold up. I find their leos tend to run a little larger than some, but hey growing room never hurt!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back