Parents Leo styles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I saw posted on a Facebook group that they are practice leotards, and there was a photo of their competition leotards they are waiting for- even less gymnastics like imo- they are laced in the back with dangling strings and a weird fabric twist. Super pretty for a leo, nice for a dance leo, but odd, odd choice for a gymnastics leotard. I cannot see how anyone could wear a bra with them.

I have noted that gym seems to have only one type of body on their team. Possibly they don't worry about lack of coverage/ undergarments due to the body type they recruit/ choose for their team?

Reactions: sce
I have noted that gym seems to have only one type of body on their team. Possibly they don't worry about lack of coverage/ undergarments due to the body type they recruit/ choose for their team?
How is it possible to project chest size in a 5/6/7 year old? Unless they're the type of gym that doesn't "grow" their own gymnasts but I don't think that's the cause (at least not 100%)

I will say, I looked at Sylvia P's website and found most of their leo's are definitely not like what we are used to here. The fabric on the models even seems a bit thin/revealing. Not that you could necessarily see something but not the complete/smooth coverage I'm used to seeing.

Sylvia P is just gaining popularity over here. (UK) There has been a trend towards funky backs on leotards for the past few years, but they take it to an impractical level. They definitely look like dance leotards - and I think that is reflected in their lower leg cut but zero coverage anywhere else. On a little kid I might not have thought much of it, but my daughter would feel naked with that particular leo and there is no way she would go out in front of people in it.

Although, someone commented above about it being like lingerie and sexualising little girls. It doesn't look that lingerie like to me. Just silly. I raise an eyebow more a the leotards with mesh to make it look like little girls have cleavage or where the bit that looks see through is over their chest. Yes it may have a nude lining, but it is made to look transparent so let's not kid ourselves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back