Parents Leo styles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LouLou

Proud Parent
Does anybody else find a certain “elite” gym with a high social media presence to have inappropriate leos? Leos are skimpy enough, why are they constantly wearing leos that could show way too much if a strap slipped, etc? All this lingerie styling on little girls is disturbing to me. If the 18 and over girls choose to wear these that’s one thing, but a group of baby level 9s? I would be so pissed if my DD’s coach picked something like that. I’m not a total prude - my daughter wears bikinis at the pool/beach, but a skimpy leo in the gym? No way! I’d rather have her focused on landing her skills safely, not worrying about whether or not anything is showing.

I’m very curious to know if you’re thinking of the same gym I am. Saw teeny level 9s this weekend with nips showing through their skimpy and super thin leos. I was shocked they put them out there like that. I would have insisted we switch leos even if it was last second and we didn’t match. They weren’t even long sleeve so they could have found replacements almost anywhere. It was very...ick.

Also, saw one of the girls always standing with her arms crossed over her chest because she was obviously aware and uncomfortable. :confused:

Oh my word! That’s ridiculous! I haven’t seen it but as a parent I wouldn’t allow my child to wear something like you have described! Especially if the young girl was trying to cover herself! I’m going to try to find it to see! I mean they still are kids!

I’m very curious to know if you’re thinking of the same gym I am. Saw teeny level 9s this weekend with nips showing through their skimpy and super thin leos. I was shocked they put them out there like that. I would have insisted we switch leos even if it was last second and we didn’t match. They weren’t even long sleeve so they could have found replacements almost anywhere. It was very...ick.

Yes, same gym. And very ick I agree. There is no way I would have let my daughter go out there like that - and honestly, there is no way she would have wanted to go out there. More skimpy leos today, but on older girls. Please don't let any of the more mainstream leo companies catch on to this and make it a trend. I asked my young teenage daughter to check out those leos to see what her reaction was - same as mine.

I do like a tank in competition....show off those muscles! But the material was so thin and straps so thin it was just too much. Well actually the opposite- it was not enough!

Oh my gosh! I just came here to post about this! Page 19 of the COP prohibits spaghetti strap leotards. How are they getting away with that? And yes, I totally agree, it looks skimpy like lingerie. i don't understand how they are wearing a leotard that is against the rules?.

I do like a tank in competition....show off those muscles! But the material was so thin and straps so thin it was just too much. Well actually the opposite- it was not enough!

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 121
Oh my word! That’s ridiculous! I haven’t seen it but as a parent I wouldn’t allow my child to wear something like you have described! Especially if the young girl was trying to cover herself! I’m going to try to find it to see! I mean they still are kids!
look at Instagram: gymnastixoxo.

Yikes!! And how can the older girls find a bra to wear with that Leo? It already seems challenging enough with regular competition Leo’s!! (My daughter is no where near needing a bra yet so this is uncharted territory for us!)

Reactions: sce
Oh wow. Didn’t know it was spelled out in COP that no spaghetti straps are allowed. Interesting.

Reactions: sce
I am not a fan of it, but I could see how little ones would like something new and different. It is no worse than dance outfits, which is what it reminded me of, with the thinner fabric. Doesn't seem stretchy gym leo type fabric but that is hard to see from a video. From the instagram video, the fit was too loose. Not sure if it looked better on girls with tighter fits. You would definitely need a clear-strap bra for the older girls. I thing the straps could be hidden in bad/sides but not shoulders with spaghetti straps. Is this a whole team leo of just for lower levels?

I am not a fan of it, but I could see how little ones would like something new and different. It is no worse than dance outfits, which is what it reminded me of, with the thinner fabric. Doesn't seem stretchy gym leo type fabric but that is hard to see from a video. From the instagram video, the fit was too loose. Not sure if it looked better on girls with tighter fits. You would definitely need a clear-strap bra for the older girls. I thing the straps could be hidden in bad/sides but not shoulders with spaghetti straps. Is this a whole team leo of just for lower levels?
Not sure if they all wear them, but they were young level 9s I saw (like 10 or 11). In person, the worst part was not really the straps, but the lack of breast coverage due to the thin fabric and no lining or undergarments.

So are we talking the MG Elite leotards? They do seem to be made of a different type of material .. almost like a thin cotton? I kinda of liked them, but felt they were too thin in the front and looked geared more toward dancers?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back