WAG Leotard Donations/Charity?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Quadqueen

Proud Parent
Does anyone know the name of an organization(s) that accepts leotard donations for kids who can't afford leotards? There was a flyer up at our gym a while ago but I can't remember the name.

There is this organization, but I'm not totally sure what they do and if they would accept leo donations:
https://www.facebook.com/Flip4It/info

You could also ask around at your gym and see if there are any class kids who could use a few new leos or if they know of any state/regional programs that are looking for leos. That way you could avoid paying shipping.
I sent a box of my old leos to South Africa several years ago and there might be other countries looking for that kind of donation if you ask around- it helps if you have a contact person from that country or a coach with connections there.
Good luck!

My DD has to write a "persuasive letter" to a company, business, etc., and she wants to write to GK. We talked about what she would ask for, and we thought she might ask them to donate to one of these organizations, only I can't find one now!!

That organization you listed looks great! They don't seem to have a working website though...I wonder if they're new..

My daughter has donated through Left Over Leos....they have a Facebook page that kind of tracks the donations.
I'm a little confused about what it is. I get that they take donations, but where do they sell them? Are sales really directed towards lower income gymnasts? And are the proceeds used to support programs in financially struggling areas? Or just any old gym they feel they want to give money to? Sorry if that sounded negative, that's not my intention, I've just read over the info and I am honestly confused as to the purpose of the organization.

I am with Coach Molly on this one- I don't get what Left Over Leos mission is, where and to whom the leos are going, how much they are charging for them, and what they are doing with the money. They need a clearer mission statement IMO. I would ask the head coach, head rec coach, or front desk staff at your own gym if they know of some kids who are in need. Or sell them yourself at a greatly reduced fee.

Is this assignment actually sent to the company or just within class? (just thinking if it's just a class exercise then it doesn't matter so much who the organisatio is)

Treehouse for Kids

This is an organization in our community that aids and supports foster kids. One of their programs is to help kids explore the activities and passions that they wish for. Our gym donated a bunch of leos to this program for the kids doing gymnastics in their program.

Maybe there is something like this in your community?

Good luck!

Thank you all. Yes, the letter will actually be sent to the company. I'm a little confused on what Left Over Leos does too. Seems like you earn "leo credits" for your gym if you donate? Not exactly what I was looking for. I'm looking into that other organization mentioned.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back