leotard problemm

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nasticsISlove 72

alright, so we got new comp. leo's and they REALLY ride up during routines. it is the right size and everything. im sure im not the only gymnast that has this issue with leo's. but is there really anything i can do to help not have it ride up? it gets really disteracting during the routines...

any advice, or anything?

try this website: www.myhappydance.com and click on gymnastics - practice/competition link. They have something called leostay strips and some other kind of roll-on that's supposed to help your leo not ride. My dd hasn't tried this yet but I know you're not alone! Good luck!

10.0 carries the glue and the strips. Also, most stores that carry cheerleading supplies has these adhesive strips too. I have heard of gymnasts using hairspray to keep the leos in place.

ok ill check those places out...
ive tried using hairspray but the type of material it is, doesnt work..

spray adhesive you can get at a craft store. kind of sticky but works. We called it "booty glue!"

I've always used Elmers gluesticks. They work just fine and are much cheaper than the specialty products on the market.

anyone ever have trouble with the spray adhesive ruining the backing on their velvet leos?

well there peobably elite stile loe's. My friend has that problem and she uses but glue. It works really good and if you r in the middle of your meet and you try to pick ur wedgie, it hurts like HECK!!! But it does work. :)

alright, so we got new comp. leo's and they REALLY ride up during routines. it is the right size and everything. im sure im not the only gymnast that has this issue with leo's. but is there really anything i can do to help not have it ride up? it gets really disteracting during the routines...

any advice, or anything?
ELMERS GLUE STICK!!!!!!! works like magicc!!!! the purple kind works better to me but trust me it really does work!

a couple of teams including us had the same problem. our leos are from GK. We told them about it and they said they cut the leos wrong. So we told them about it and we sent back the leos and they gave us brand new ones. They fit great now!!! They didn't charge us anything since it was their screw up!!

Be careful with the hairspray, it can damage hologram fabric. So can deoderant, and spray glitter. Crystal deoderant seems safe so far.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back