WAG Leotard ride up "in front" eek

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

They might be best with boy short cut undies not too tight fitting. Then you won't get a line across the butt cheek. Biketards definitely look better with undies than without. Even if they show a little line.
Yes, please have them wear something underneath the biketard.

Justice carry a no seam undies for like $4 nude or white, and also available in high waist (thin straps) or regular fit. I bought my dd a couple pairs.

Yes, these are the ones we have tried and the only ones that don't show at the legs. They do have visible panty lines through the leo, though, and for comp, our coaches are sticklers about this. Maybe there is different discrete instructions to the older girls who need undergarments for other reasons, but our young L3 girls have been specifically instructed that leos should be worn alone with no lines underneath. Seems like my DD's 'issue' isn't so common - it may be the leo is too small, or it may just be the way she is built and I need to find a discrete solution that doesn't show through the leo. Ugh.

Have you pointed out the problem to the coach and asked for an "exemption"? For the life of me, I can't figure out what the motive is for the "no lines" rule anyway!? Not like a judgeb will deduct for panty lines if they can't actually see them. I say whatever makes the kid feel comfortable should be fine, as long as they dont show out of the leo. Thankfully our girls are allowed to wear the nude undergarments, and we use the GK ones. They also have to wear sports bras as they get older, and there is not much you can do to hide those, so what is the difference??

As for the seamstress idea. I had to have an expensive dress altered, and just looked in the phone book. Lots of choices, all small businesses or individuals. I asked if they had similar experience, and asked to see some examples of alterations first, and it turned out fine.

Seamstress: Try them out on a cheaper leotard first. Just ask them to hand sew it in.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back