Leotard Styles and Straps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stargazer

Gymnast
I'm curious about people's opinions on different leotards strap styles and wearing bras that match. Do you think it's super tacky when you can see someone's bra straps? Do you think there are some designs like this one that only little kids should wear because they don't have to deal with bras?

There's a style I adore with a scooped neckline at the front and double criss-crossed straps at the back, but I'd have to find a bra that went with it and I doubt I'd find any that cross that high. It seems like the only styles older gymnasts can wear are normal tank style or racer back. And it's not like I need loads of support or anything, but I'm a B and I can't imagine trying to do jumps or running without a bra.

Thoughts?

GYMagic™ Inc* » *Criss Cross Strap Leo *»* Toronto's Friendliest Leotard Supplier

I'm an adult gymnast and I've thought about this before too, but I just ended up deciding not to worry about it. I see plenty of older gymnasts with sports bras underneath leos and it doesn't bother me, so why shouldn't the same thing apply to me? The reality is that most leos don't cover very much and it seems silly to have to find the perfect bra for every leo or to have to buy leos you don't really like just because they don't show bra straps. My favorite leo has an open back and my sports bra does show a little, but I really have no issue with it. I'm lucky I still look good in a leotard which is more than a lot of adults can say, so I figure I might as well enjoy wearing pretty leos while I can :]

I don't honestly care about my bra sticking out at practice. It's not tacky! It's just practice, I couldn't care less what I look like at practice! :D But definitely don't go with no bra... OUCH.

I'm only an A and have barely anything but still wouldn't go without a bra. You can totally tell with how tight a leotard is and such. blehh.

But for practice I don't care about straps sticking out. I've seen girls that wear sports bras with spaghetti strap leos. No one really cares at practice. Actually at my gym the trend seems to be to wear neon colored sports bras with opposite colored leos.

But for competition it's a whole other story. I would def. not want bra straps showing, i think it's tacky when your competing.

haha im with gymnastbeth on this one. no one really cares if their bra is sticking out at practice or if it is clashing colors.actually that seems to be the trend. if you dont care about your bra sticking out i would go with a racer back

I do not care, it is training, it is hardly an issue and well, i'd rather someone know that i was that someone know that i wasn't.

Yeah, seeing as how you would only be wearing it for training, I wouldn't really worry too much about it. If it really bothers you that much, you can always get a sports bra that is in nude and get it with clear straps-you have to do some digging, but they do exist.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back