Leotard Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our gym recently has new Sylvia P leos too. Cost was a big factor. They are a copy of the GK one we got 2 years ago that was meant to be a stock leo but has been discontinued by GK even tho they promised they wouldn't be. Seems ok, stripes are a little wider, but I have only seen the one girl wear it with shorts so far - so will have to report on the puffy crotch issue after states next weekend! I'm glad DD got the larger size last year even tho the sleeves were a bit too long. Should fit her another 2 years or so :D

Still waiting on the sample to come.... We're all getting a bit antsy and worrying it might be like 2 years ago where we basically had to make orders the week the sample arrived! I'm sure it will be ok, but hope it comes in this week!

Then the question will be, 3/4 or long sleeve. The girls want 3/4, the head coach doesn't care and the program manager wants long. Hoping the kids win.

Ausi_poppet if they end up with long sleeves make sure that they actually measure the girls arms . Sylvia P sizing has really really long arms. All our girls that have brought from the in stock range find the arms to be around 5cm too long. Our club order this year we had to specifiy arm length, all girls arms were shorter than that shown on their size chart.

Ausi_poppet if they end up with long sleeves make sure that they actually measure the girls arms . Sylvia P sizing has really really long arms. All our girls that have brought from the in stock range find the arms to be around 5cm too long. Our club order this year we had to specifiy arm length, all girls arms were shorter than that shown on their size chart.

I had exactly the same problem with sleeve length with Silvia P- will not be ordering there again.

This is why our coach favors the 3/4...everyone's arms are different. Hell, even the 3/4 isn't 3/4 on some of them, it's more like 2/3....just depends on the child...it's not just arm length, it's how they take it up...my girl has the stockier shoulder build; her friend with the ballerina arms takes it up quite differently...

My daughter's new one from gk (mind you we are in America, but still) is supposed to be 3/4 sleeves....they barely get over her elbows. It is what it is, she doesn't care, she just loves the new color, hah!

I think the girls will win the argument on 3/4 sleeves because it is still very hot when they start competing here, and with the guards they just have to pull the arms up anyway. Still no sign of the sample... Parents are getting a little antsy!

We didn't get our comp Leo's until a week before first comp! They had accidentally been sent to the wrong club, not too far from us, and instead of just passing them on/letting us know they SENT THEM BACK TO QLD! (From WA). Major stress!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back