Parents Leotard Wedgies- ack!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

taylortumbles

Coach
Proud Parent
My daughter is constantly picking her wedgies and it drives me INSANE!!! When they are doing lines, she will stop to pick in between each tumbling skills. Her leos are not too small, fit well with some growing room. She wears hot pants (shorts) with them. I'm not sure what else to do! Help!

Does she wear pants- sorry panties (knickers, smalls, underwear, whatever translates!). If she does it could be them giving the wedgie rather than the leo?

Nope. We stopped wearing panties underneath to help fix the problem and she still has the problem. I noticed when watching video that I've done of her in class that lots of other kids are doing the same thing, but I guess it drives me more crazy because it's my own kid. I don't know. I just wish she would tumble down the line and then pick her wedgie at the end, rather than pick it in between each skill LOL......what a convo!!!!

Mine used to do that alot, before she started wearing bar shorts...but you said your DD wears shorts so I don't know...?

Are her shorts tight enough to hold the leotard in place? My daughter will pull on her leotard if she is wearing shorts that are a little big in the leg area. (Which is why I had to put away her favorite new purple shorts until she grows some more. Mean mommy!)

I think actually if the leo has growing room it gives it more leeway to ride up. My daughter prefers her leotards really snug for this reason. I think age helps too bc you see more younger kids doing this. Once they reach a certain age I think they know they should not constantly be "picking"!! LOL!!

guys and their noses...girls and their leos...what's a mother/wife to do! lol! :)

I wish I had video of what our L4 boys were doing with their singlets and . . . what lies underneath them . . . at their first meet. None of the parents would ever have to worry about teenage misbehavior -- all we'd have to do is threaten to post the video on their respective Facebook pages.

I don't have advice, but I can tell you you aren't alone. The shorts did help my daughter, mostly. She almost never does it anymore. But my SON who is NOT wearing a leo is constantly picking at his crotch no matter how many times we tell him not to do it. For him, at least, it must be some strange habit. Not sure. Possibly it is a habit for your daughter, or maybe not. Maybe try a different brand of leo or a different material, if possible?

This reminds me (a bit off topic) but there is one girl on my daughter's team who is really tall and wears a leo that I think is too short for most of the shorter girls. It comes over her hip bones on the sides and sometimes it nearly has the thong effect.... (half of each cheek hanging out). She has to keep fixing it between skills. But you said your daughter's leo isn't too small. I think having a "perfect fit" (as much as possible) might be the best bet for comfort!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back