Leotards: the good, the bad, and the ugly

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3rd_time_around

Proud Parent
Judge
Okay, so this is not a crucial subject, just for fun, but I know I can't be the only one! I follow a lot of leotard companies, and some of their offerings are just awful! I can think of one company in particular who advertises some very non-pretty leotards, and posts comments like "This 'elite gymnast' looks stunning in our gorgeous Homespun Retro Quilted Corregated-cardboard-Look leotard! 'Like' if you agree!" And I just want to say: "what were you thinking???"

I have no other place to put these thoughts, as I don't want to offend the company or the gymnast in the leotard, but seriously, what are they thinking? I'd post a few examples (without any identifying faces) but I'd hate if someone here has a gymnast with those leotards.

I wish they would have a way to have a poll on their posts sometimes besides just "likes" where they could see if its really liked or not. Anyone else have similar thoughts? I can't be the only one.

I’ve had similar thoughts, but then I recall back to the Olympic Trials and remember discussing leotards with a friend. It seemed without fail that her favorites were hideous to me and vice versa. You might be surprised how many people love the leos you hate. I know I’m picky. Ha.

OK-how about this one?
e1739c3bfd5774dbd646cf26fd7a918f.jpg

It’s always fun to have a good leo discussion but it needs to include pictures.
Ok, well a certain KZ Collection comes to mind.... pretty much all of them, except maybe the pink one. I feel like if Miss Smith wasn't the one wearing them, no one would ever buy them. Don't get me wrong, we like the O brand a lot, just some of the designs.......not so much.

I have the photo that prompted this, but I fear someone on here may have a gymnast who is actually having to wear it, so I'm hesitant to put it up.

I’ve had similar thoughts, but then I recall back to the Olympic Trials and remember discussing leotards with a friend. It seemed without fail that her favorites were hideous to me and vice versa. You might be surprised how many people love the leos you hate. I know I’m picky. Ha.
That's funny! Those leos and some from last year's worlds and US Championships were thoroughly discussed at our gym among the moms, and we pretty much all agreed on the hideous ones. It felt good to know that I wasn't alone.

The Men’s Medallion has me laughing out loud alone in a room. Kim ZB and I don’t always agree on Leo styles. I’m sure sone of her gymnasts love them, others not so much.

A memorable not favorite was the GAGE dominatrix leo from the Terin Humphrey era. It was widely discussed at the time.

Milano have done some of my least favourite leotards
upload_2018-6-3_21-1-45.png

upload_2018-6-3_21-2-11.png

I think the above two just look a bit inappropriate for a gymnast, I know they are lined but they give the appearance of being see through.
But those men’s leotards really are something else!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back