Off Topic Leotards with cut away bits showing colours underneath

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

COz

Proud Parent
Could anyone direct me to either links, brands or photos of leotards like the one below that have cut away bits that allow a different colour to show through?

Also, are the leotards fully lined so you can't see the material inside? Or can you tell if the material has been trimmed around the cut away sections so you get the little shapes sitting on the inside?

Thanks!

image.jpg

I've never seen one in person. Only that one on here somewhere I think. Isn't it someones comp leo?

I would think it's little shapes sewn to the inside of the leo. That's how I'd do if it I were making it. I've actually never come across a lined leo so I would automatically assume unlined.

Why do you ask? If you can find what you're looking for you could email the manufacturer. If you're worried about comfort there's always the option of a liner leo, or even sewing in a liner panel- I've don't that before when embellishments have been itchy on the inside.

I've never seen one in person. Only that one on here somewhere I think. Isn't it someones comp leo?
Yes, it is. But I assume that there are others out there.

I would think it's little shapes sewn to the inside of the leo. That's how I'd do if it I were making it. I've actually never come across a lined leo so I would automatically assume unlined.
Our competition leotards are lined.

Why do you ask? If you can find what you're looking for you could email the manufacturer. If you're worried about comfort there's always the option of a liner leo, or even sewing in a liner panel- I've don't that before when embellishments have been itchy on the inside.
I make all DD's leotards.

I'm curious about whether people have used cut outs with pointy bits in a vertical orientation. The eye shaped bits are clever because they are fast and easy to use cut out and horizontal stretch doesn't put pressure on the cuts, closing them rather than opening them. So I guess I'm mostly interested in how much variation people have used in the cut out shapes.

Not sure that's cut away the way you're meaning, unless I misunderstand. It's likely little shapes cut out and stitched onto the leotard in matching thread. I can't tell the brand, but Dreamlight has similar Leo's and theirs are just stitched on details.

Not sure that's cut away the way you're meaning, unless I misunderstand. It's likely little shapes cut out and stitched onto the leotard in matching thread. I can't tell the brand, but Dreamlight has similar Leo's and theirs are just stitched on details.
I have been reliably informed that these particular ones are cut out. @kitkat 's daughter wears this leotard.
Looks like a Jagwear logo to me. I think @Fliptwisttumble's daughter wore that leo .
Thanks, I'll check them out.

If I was making this I would treat it as a reverse appliqué, looking at the colours I would say that it has large swathes of fabric underneath, rather than each individual eye.

If I was making this I would treat it as a reverse appliqué, looking at the colours I would say that it has large swathes of fabric underneath, rather than each individual eye.
Agreed. Am curious as to whether they then trimmed it away afterwards to help with stretch.

It's sounding like they aren't common then. I couldn't see any on the suggested company's website.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back