Leotards

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Why are the majority of the new national team leotards pink?
I like the color pink but that is not very representative of the US colors.
Most other countries leotards represent their countries colors by either a flag or they leotards themselve are the flag colors. US leotards say USA on the very small of the arm, hip, or shoulder but do not have the colors of the flag or the flag on them. I am just curious as to know why they have gone to pink more often than US colors.

The only US leo that's pink is the one that Nastia wore in the AA. Jordyn Wieber and Mattie Larsson both wore it recently though.

The majority are red, navy or purple.

tbh there's only so much you can do with red white and blue! i quite like the pink ones though, to me it seems more important to wear red/white/blue ones for team competition but for event finals and AA you should get more choice.
OT but the leo Becky Downie wore to the American Cup (and from Beijing) was really nice-lots better than our usual ones!

I've noticed that 2004 and earlier they were a lot more patriotic, encorporated stars, and really used the colors. Now it's getting more glamorous and pretty. I don't really mind that, they still usually have somethings that represent the country, but I do wish that for the Olympics they would have used pink less [even at one of the team practice meets or something I noticed it was a pink leo] and more of our red white and blue.

I really liked the 1996 team final one. Maybe they don't want to clash with GB/ Russia, who also have red white and blue flag colours.

Also it is Adidas designing them now.

They're girls! They probably like it anyway :)

In my city, we have 3 high schools and they combine to form one gymnastics team....their leos are pink, but it's a fairness thing.

They're girls! They probably like it anyway :)

In my city, we have 3 high schools and they combine to form one gymnastics team....their leos are pink, but it's a fairness thing.

yes they are!

i know one of the other combined teams around here picked teal for their colors, and there is another combined team that changes every year, they've done pink purple and lime green. my hs wasn't combined so we were stuck with school colors.

i don't really think the red white blue thing is a huge issue, i agree that there are only so many different combinations you can have with these three colors and letting them choose different color gives us all some variety.

australia leotards often don't reflect out country what so ever, they are better now than they used to be. i agree that i think the colours should relate to the counrty but i think america always has stunning leos no matter what!!! i like that nastia wore the pink for the AA cause the leotard design reflected her county while she let her personality shine through

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News