Let's create a gymnastics story...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The biggest day in Jenny's gymnastics career thus far had arrived the day she had to convince the toughest gymnastics critics she had what it takes. A week of training went by faster than she could have ever imagined. Jenny couldn't stop picturing herself training at the Karolyi Ranch amongst the national team complete with their official USA attire...

She was the first one to arrive and was feeling nervous she paused outside the door, then she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was coach Liukin "Let's show 'em what you've got, We'll prove they've made right choice. You couldn't be more prepared, You just need to trust yourself and show it off."

Jenny heard her name shouted across the parking lot, she smiled at coach Liukin then turned around to greet her teammates...

They enter the gym to see it completely empty, all except an amazing gymnast on the vault. The girls all stand around in wide eyed amazement. When the vault is over, and the gymnast salutes, they gasp in unisune. It is no other than Alicia Sacramone. 22 year old 2008 Olympic Gymnast bent on making her comeback. The girls were beside themselves to be traning with someone of this experience...and couldnt wait to see who else they were going to meet.

That week, they trained harder than they ever had. Jenny really wanted to impress the other girls at the gym! Alicia Sacramone had told her that her vault was getting great! She was so excited!

A couple weeks later, WOGA was opened again. Coach Liukin clapped his hands
"Alright girls! Nationals are in a few weeks! Let's get going and pick up the pace in training!" Jenny grimaced and he said...

"Why did you just look like that? HUH? This is meant to be exciting!". He walks over to the other coaches and whispers something later to them. Later on she find that they were talking about...

Her! Another girl told her that they thought she wasn't good enough for the team, and that she wasn't dedicated. She decided to ask coach liukin, and he told her...

She tried the hardest she ever has to prove them wrong. Wow, it's already over, the results are in and she can't wait to her them...

The first 11 names were called and there was one more spot on the team. All her team mates were already chosen and suddenly it dawned on her. What if she didn't get in? what would all her training be towards? It would have all come to nothing. "The last spot on the National team is...........Jenny. I would like to congratulate all our young gymnasts who came today and especially those who made the team."

Suddenly with a deafening crash the doors opened and in came a coach from another gym. He was fuming red in the face and opened his mouth and belloed "......

"THIS SYSTEM IS UNFAIR!" Shocked, everyone turned to face him.
"I have an excellent young gymnast, who obviously performed better than Jenny today. There are people on this team who don't deserve it! "YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON A GIRL WHO WOULD HELP YOUR TEAM!" Shocked and embarrassed, Jenny put her head down. Security came out and took the man out. But Jenny couldn't stop thinking about what he had said. Was she really not good enough for the team?

A couple weeks later...

Jenny recieved her first assingment for the team. She was going to represent the US, at the commenwealth games, along with a few of the other team members. She was so excited, but this ment that...

One of her best friends wouldn't be competing! She tried to comfort her, but she just pushed Jenny away. Jenny left for the competition, feeling a little shaken, but ready. She couldn't stop thinking about the girls that didn't get to compete. That could've be me... She thought to herself.

But – now I have been picked I have to just think about keeping clean on all my routines – I WILL show I was the right choice!

Jenny trained harder than she had ever trained before. She spent all her time in the gym. Coach Liukin noticed that she had often skipped meals to practice, and now had a noticable weight loss. Although he admired her dedication to the sport and the team, he knew that he had to broach this sensitive subject before it is to late.

(not related to the story- Is she training back home? Because wasn't she going to the commonwealth games? ... I may just be missing something)

Im sorry im new to all of this so i dont know the ins and outs of how they do things. yes they are training for the Common Wealth, but i assumed Liukin would go with them. My mistake. If its not him, then i guess we need to give the "new coach" a different name. I really didnt know. Sorry

Oh, I was just confused because I thought that I said she had already traveled to the meet, so I didn't think she would be training so much. (my mistake!)
Anyways, back to the story!
The day of the meet had come! Wearing her team USA leo, she felt the weight of the country on her shoulders. They called out her name, and Jenny waved and smiled at the crowd. She felt a little tired, but she had been too nervous to eat that morning.

After everybody was called she went and sat down. Her stomach started making loud noises and she relised that she was really hungry. Coach Luikin pulled out a granola bar and a banana, and gave them to her. She took them and started eating. Coach Luikin said "I though you where hungry, next time don't skip breakfast before a meet". Not before long, she started putting her grips on and chalking up for bars, her first event.

Amazingly, she swung high, her toes pointed. She shocked herself with how well she had done! Coach liukin gave her a big hug and said...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back