WAG Let's play...Name That Skill!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Orangesoda

Proud Parent
I don't even know if it's considered a "skill" really. Dd did some new stuff in her new class today and I'm curious.

She did a pullover and then once she was in the front support position(is that what it's called??), she was supposed to fall back with straight arms and straight legs...I think only bending at the hips, until just her hands and toes were touching the bar when she was upside down. Then she'd pull/swing back up, sliding the bar from her toes, up her legs to her hips, kind of like the second half of a kip, ending back in the support position.

That description was ROUGH I know. Ha! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to find a video of it if I can. It looked so gravity-defying.

They were being spotted on one bar, and I think thy we're supposed to be trying them on their own on the other bars. I'm googling "drop kip."

Sounds like a basket kip! We use these here at Gymnastics Plus, it allows the gymnasts feel the hold of their toes at the bar, and then eventually be able to pull their toes UP the bar instead of kicking away. A fantastic drill, especially with a spot!! and yes they are a great way to help the gymnast understand the motion in the actual glide kip.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back