Level 10 bar dismount?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

maraxo13

hi, my name is Mara and I am level 10.
i was wondering what you suggest for level 10 bar dismount?

ANother question:
right now i have english bulldog grips, but im gonna get another pair of grips to break in before the season, whats your favorite grips?

I can't answer the Level 10 dismount (I'm a Level 7) but I can answer the grip part. Hate to admit it but my aunt got me some grips from Nastia Liukin's line (what was she thinking!) and I...actually love them! :) My parents won't let me get new grips until those wear out (I got them a couple months ago) but they're actually quite nice. Not very pratical I have to add so unless you like them you probably want to try somewhere else.

For the grips I have two pairs of 10.0 and I absolutly adore them! I have tried other brands and 10.0 has the best quality. Note: If you do get 10.0 the ones with a yellow line are thicker and take longer to break in, but last longer as the red zig zag is easier to break in and last slightly shorter.

For the dismount maybe a full out, double layout or double backs, or even a toe front dismount

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm bar dismounts... i used to do a double layout dismount when i first moved up to level 10. right before i took some time off i was working on a Arabian double front. i've seen girls do full-in, giant full-in, full-in double layout, double pike, full turning giant into double tuck dismounts. there's also an Arabian double front piked, one of the older girls at my gym was doing it and went to nationals eventually with it in '06. that's kind of my dream bar dismount. good luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For the grips I have two pairs of 10.0 and I absolutly adore them! I have tried other brands and 10.0 has the best quality. Note: If you do get 10.0 the ones with a yellow line are thicker and take longer to break in, but last longer as the red zig zag is easier to break in and last slightly shorter.

For the dismount maybe a full out, double layout or double backs, or even a toe front dismount

totally second this. at level 6 i got a pair of us glove beginner grips, but didn't really use them until level 7. by level 8 i got a pair of 10.0 and haven't turned back. i <3 them. i was 9 when i started level 8 and am a pretty small girl, so i got the pixie grips. i turned level 10 when i was 11, so i still used them. when i was 13 i got a pair of the velcro red grip ones (not the zig zag the g810 tensport ones) and love them too!

how long have you been competing level 10? what region are you in? nice to meet you too!

this will be my first year of level 10!
im really excited.
region 3. you?

totally second this. at level 6 i got a pair of us glove beginner grips, but didn't really use them until level 7. by level 8 i got a pair of 10.0 and haven't turned back. i <3 them. i was 9 when i started level 8 and am a pretty small girl, so i got the pixie grips. i turned level 10 when i was 11, so i still used them. when i was 13 i got a pair of the velcro red grip ones (not the zig zag the g810 tensport ones) and love them too!

how long have you been competing level 10? what region are you in? nice to meet you too!

this will be my first year of level 10! I am region 4! how about you?

that's so awesome guys. congrats on making level 10 (like i said in your personal profiles). i'm in region 3, i live in colorado. i started level 10 when i was 11 and competed until i was 14 (all through middle school basically). b/c of family problems and the fact my gym was an hour away through the mountains i had to quit. i did a year of high school gym but that didn't work out either. i did some cheerleading and loved it, keeping some D and E skills in my tumbling passes. i'm 17 and back in the gym though (long story) training for one last level 10 season and college :)crosses fingers:). i'm so excited! maybe i'll see u guys at regionals/nationals :)crosses fingers again:)!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back