WAG Level 10 Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Scottskart

Proud Parent
Can someone tell me - for a level 10 bar routine - what exactly is required? My daughter said two directional changes are required but the coach says she doesn't think so..... How can I find out for sure?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.nawgj.org/OptionalCheatSheetsBE1.pdf

I found this online and it has a lot of information... I’m not sure exactly what your daughter is thinking by direction change but I don’t think that’s a requirement. At least 180 turn on the longitudinal axis is required (and other things). What routine is she hoping to compete?

Reactions: sce
Honestly - I have no idea what the names of stuff are - or if this is even correct. In her routine I think she currently is doing a pirouette into Chinese situp on low to high and then free hip into gienger and who knows what dismount. lol.

She needs two bar changes so she will need some sort of high to low release... usually a bail or pak

Reactions: sce
She needs two bar changes so she will need some sort of high to low release... usually a bail or pak
Where did you find that? The USAG optional cheet sheet states:

One flight element min. C (Gienger)
Other flight element min. B (Chinese sit-up)
Turn min. C (pirouette)
Dismount min. C

So the routine OP described would fit, assuming the dismount is a C. 2 bar changes is level 9, but maybe I'm mistaken

Where did you find that? The USAG optional cheet sheet states:

One flight element min. C (Gienger)
Other flight element min. B (Chinese sit-up)
Turn min. C (pirouette)
Dismount min. C

So the routine OP described would fit, assuming the dismount is a C. 2 bar changes is level 9, but maybe I'm mistaken
Lol, in L9, the lack of 2 Bar changes will cost the gymnast a SR, so -0.5 off SV ... but at L10, it is only a composition deduction so it only costs -0.20 ... and not off the SV.

Honestly - I have no idea what the names of stuff are - or if this is even correct. In her routine I think she currently is doing a pirouette into Chinese situp on low to high and then free hip into gienger and who knows what dismount. lol.
I think the Gienger counts as a direction change because its an LA turn (1/2 twist)--I could be wrong but I think it does, and her pirouette is a 1/2 turn, so she's got it. She also has the 2 release moves. She probably has the 2 bar changes as well, probably in the beginning.

She only needs to change direction once. The deduction is for facing the same direct throughout the routine. I keep trying to picture how this is even possible to do fulfilling the rest of the requirements. LOL! Will have to ponder that. Maybe using a straddle back might get you there. Hmm. Anyway...

She does need two bar changes so that’s good with her hiccup and her overshoot.

Sounds like she is all set! Good luck to her this season!

Those requirements listed above are only the special requirements. There is also having the right numbers of ABCs and bonus that add to start value then there are all sorts of deductions for composition things, like you have to have two moves from the following thee categories (toe on/clear hip/stalder, forward element, and pirouette) and you have to have two bar changes, not face the same direction, and not do anything the judges deem totally out of the ordinary (like swing from high bar to stand on low bar) and all the up to level stuff, and in level 10 you can only have one squat on. The special requirements are only a small part of the composition of a routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back