Parents Level 10 Nationals anyone?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Im taking J to see the Jr/Sr A and Jr/Sr B since its close to home and its a neat opportunity! We are gonna play hooky that friday and have a girls day.

Man, do I wish I could go! It's in sunny California after all! Good excuse to get out of this gloomy weather!!

We will probably be going to support some of dd's friends and team-mates. And hopefully get a chance to say hi to her old coaches.

(And it is not really the sunny season in SoCal. This time of year is more gray than sunny, especially near the coast.)

Us too Dunno! Although I'm kind of bummed to hear from Gymjoy that's it's gray season out there...which should be an improvement over our recent winter here!

Sorry to be a bummer about the weather. The May Gray/June Gloom season is upon us. Many days start gray, but clear up nicely in the afternoon. Unfortunately, the closer to the shore, the longer the gray hangs around.
Hopefully it will be a nice weekend with plenty of sun and fun for all those L10's coming from across the country.

Good luck to all! Sending proprioceptive prowess and strength!

We'll take all of the Good Luck and Good weather and everything Good we can get! Although coming from Wisconsin, it would be difficult to get worse weather as it was snowing last week and freezing rain just a few days ago!

My DD is 1st alternate to JO's but for sure she will be doing the NIT. Luckily for her the 2 sessions are close together so incase she is called up she will be there. She is as excited to see some old coaches from Virginia as she is to compete!

well, you know gymnastics...and injuries...and last minute prom dates...don't be surprised if she ends up NOT an alternate and competes with her region.:)

well, you know gymnastics...and injuries...and last minute prom dates...don't be surprised if she ends up NOT an alternate and competes with her region.:)
My older DD and I were just talking about that exactly. I told her that two of her old teammates had made it to Nationals again this year. We discussed whether or not her senior teammate was going to prom or to nationals since both I believe are on the same weekend. She said if it was her, she'd go to prom! Well, I guess I did do something right when I pulled from gym!! JK:D

Too funny, lilgymmie--my own dd just had to make a choice for next year--her 8th grade class trip or Regionals. She picked Regionals! (she better make it again or she'll be doubly upset!)

No, DD didn't qualify atregionals so no Nationals for her this year. She was a low vault score and fell on beam, but she did place 5th on floor. Now for the rest of the story. About day or two before regionals she came home from practice and said she had landed badly on a double full on floor and twisted her knee. We saw the dr next day and he thought it was either a sprain or meniscus damage in the knee joint and wanted to do an MRI. He told dd that if it was her meniscus then he would probably do surgery. DD got permission to wait for the MRI until after regionals. When we got back from Regionals DD had the MRI. We got the results yesterday. Turns out she had fractured her tibia and competed on it. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I feel guilty and bad that I didn't insist on the MRI in the 1st place and on the other I have to admire her for being one tough kid. She is now non-weight bearing on that leg for 4 weeks and hopefully it will be healed after that.

My DD is 1st alternate to JO's but for sure she will be doing the NIT. Luckily for her the 2 sessions are close together so incase she is called up she will be there. She is as excited to see some old coaches from Virginia as she is to compete!

Hey, Dd's old coaches are from VA too.!!
It would be really weird if they were the same coaches...
(funny story, dd was talking about her old gym when she first started at her new gym after our big move to the left coast. Another girl turned to her and said, "Tthat use to be my gym before I moved!!" Gymnastics is a small world....)

Good luck to your dd in whatever capacity she competes!

No, DD didn't qualify atregionals so no Nationals for her this year. She was a low vault score and fell on beam, but she did place 5th on floor. Now for the rest of the story. About day or two before regionals she came home from practice and said she had landed badly on a double full on floor and twisted her knee. We saw the dr next day and he thought it was either a sprain or meniscus damage in the knee joint and wanted to do an MRI. He told dd that if it was her meniscus then he would probably do surgery. DD got permission to wait for the MRI until after regionals. When we got back from Regionals DD had the MRI. We got the results yesterday. Turns out she had fractured her tibia and competed on it. I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand I feel guilty and bad that I didn't insist on the MRI in the 1st place and on the other I have to admire her for being one tough kid. She is now non-weight bearing on that leg for 4 weeks and hopefully it will be healed after that.

you should be feeling admiration. AND there's no guarantee that had an xray/mri/anything else were taken at that time that a fracture would show up. it happens and they get thru it. AND they learn about their bodies and the thresholds that their bodies undertake.:)

you don't hear kerry strug complaining about that ankle...:)

It will be an experience either way. Her coach told her she has to be ready to compete and warm up with the squad. As soon as they compete their first event(and nobody is injured) she is done and has to come back the next day for her NIT session. She is very excited and will be happy either way it turns out, not bad for a first year in region 1!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back