Parents Level 10 Nationals anyone?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

well i hope she didn't leave for 10 nationals today. unless of course she was taking a soapbox with sail to get there. so maybe she left for 9 eastern nationals? if not, i wish i worked where she worked to cop 10 days in long beach...:)

You may be right.....because I know she left yesterday. But, I am certain she's headed to Long Beach. Are they both there? And she's headed there as a competitor not a coach (guess I didn't mention that, lol).

Westerns starts tomorrow in San Diego. Nationals starts next Friday in Long Beach. It is possible if someone has both Western and National participants to stay from this week on - it's a long flight (and hassle) depending on where you're coming from. And they might even get some time to vacation in between!

Is she staying both weekends? I imagine for east coasters it would not make sense for them to go home on Sunday and turn around and come back on Thursday......Long couple of weeks.

oops....East coasters wouldn't be coming to San Diego! I will change that to mid-westers.

to clarify...easterns level 9 nationals is worcester/boston. westerns level 9 nationals is san diego. level 10 nationals is long beach next week end. God, i love southern california...:)

Okay, I went and looked it up. She is a level 9, so she must be headed to San Diego, and she did leave yesterday. But, I swear she said Long Beach. Strange!

Wish I was in California right now.......

Maybe she is going to stick around after Westerns and watch the Level 10 Nationals? If I was a teen and had the ability to do so I would have done it in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
For sure!! I'm thinking we had someone qualify for Level 10 Nationals too, so.....maybe that is what she's doing?!? :) I hate being new to the gym, I always feel a little out of the loop. I miss being "in the know". LOL!

She could have flown into Long Beach Airport and driven down to SD. It's only a little over an hour, depending on the traffic (lol, love the notices on google maps. It will say things like "45min or up to 3 hours.")

Weather update: Been very nice here lately, and looks to be nice though next weekend. Not hot, hot beach weather, but sunny!!

We have a level 9 boy that made it to nationals. In fact he is competing today. He is a 12 year old! Good Luck Kyle!!

Is she staying both weekends? I imagine for east coasters it would not make sense for them to go home on Sunday and turn around and come back on Thursday......Long couple of weeks.

I'm a little confused, sorry. Why would east coasters be there twice? Just curious as I'm on the east coast.

--Nevermind, it was answered already.

One of the L10 from DD's gym is going. Very excited for her. We wish all the girls well, especially Region 7 girls!

Both our Level 10s are going to Nationals this week--yeah! And one of our level 9s that went to Westerns was Vault Champion for her age group!

Still waiting to hear which session dd will compete in. I am torn as to which I would prefer. JO's would be an awesome experience but NIT would be a better fit this year. I guess it will work out the way that it was meant to be. It is not like I have any control over it anyhow!

H
Still waiting to hear which session dd will compete in. I am torn as to which I would prefer. JO's would be an awesome experience but NIT would be a better fit this year. I guess it will work out the way that it was meant to be. It is not like I have any control over it anyhow!
Hope she has fun and does well in either session :). I'm sure you will be nervous either way too lol. Best to you too!

We have 3 going from our gym!!! Go Region 3!!!! J competed last weekend at Westerns.. She did pretty well. 9th AA in Jr A and 4th on floor and 5th on beam. :) We are proud!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back