Coaches Level 3 Leg Cut Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PalmTree

Coach
Anyone willing to take a look at one of my Level 3's bar routines? She got an 8.5 at the most recent meet, and I thought she would do a lot better than that. She does have knee issues (the straightest she can get them still looks bent), but I heard the judges talking to each other and saying they counted her leg cut as a fall. She didn't fall to the ground, but when she leg cuts she kind of ends with her stomach on the bar.

Anyway, I'm curious to what other coaches or judges would say, and how she can fix it. If you're willing to watch, I'll message you the video. Thanks!

Leg cuts on pommel horse as a station. Put a foam block on the end of the horse so they lift a little higher. And tell her not to bend her arms and keep her back hollow and her belly won't be on the bar.

I have one that does that and while we have been working on it, I wasn't aware it was a .5 deduction. Can anyone elaborate?

Anyone willing to take a look at one of my Level 3's bar routines? She got an 8.5 at the most recent meet, and I thought she would do a lot better than that. She does have knee issues (the straightest she can get them still looks bent), but I heard the judges talking to each other and saying they counted her leg cut as a fall. She didn't fall to the ground, but when she leg cuts she kind of ends with her stomach on the bar.

Anyway, I'm curious to what other coaches or judges would say, and how she can fix it. If you're willing to watch, I'll message you the video. Thanks!
Feel free. :)

Hmm, a fall? I'd have to see it I guess but that doesn't seem right. Ultimately it would be the same as a fall really, but it wouldn't be a fall. They probably did two tenths bent arms and three tenths for a pause. Usually they won't take an extra swing for the legs just swinging back unless the child actually casts twice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back