Level 4 bar question for judges

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

tigger0268

My daughter has been struggling with her shoot through lately. She had it for the 1st meet, but then has missed it at the last 2 meets. I was wondering what the deduction is for missing the shoot through and what the difference is if she hooks and swings herself back up or if she hooks and the coach pops her back up. Thanks

If she does the shoot thru and just hooks her knee and falls back, it is a .5 deduction for the fall. The deduction would be the same if her coach helps her after the fall. Still just the .5 deduction for the fall. If she isn't getting her foot thru at all, she will be getting an additional deduction for incomplete element, but it sounds like she's getting her foot through and then falling. Hope that helps.

Thank you!! She had a meet this past weekend and she did her shoot thru!!! :D 8.375 that is pretty good for her this year.

Remeber the level 4 bar routine is something that every girls has to do. The shoot through and the stride circle and the front hip circle will never be used again. To me it seems to be a waste of time. To teach a young childe a reverse grip when she wont probably use it again until level 9 or 10 just seems strange.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back