level 4 bars help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know this is a bit premature, but dd is moving up to level 4. They have started practicing the front hip circle and shoot-thrus at practice.

We have a pratice bar at home, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for my dd on these skills. I know it will probably take time to get, but any tips or drills would be great!!!!!!!

I know there are some other moms on here with the same question. It seems that those are tricky skills.

Thanks in advance.

It took my new L4 gymmie about 2 mos to get her shoot thru and FHC. And she actually got both of them and then lost them for several weeks. I would say that the shoot thru gives alot of our girls long term problems and once they figure out the timing with the FHC...they get it.

No advice, except it takes a little time, and she will get it!

i had a lot of trouble with my front hip circle so i learned some great tips and tricks. first of all for a front hip circle even if she doesn't make it have her practice lots of heel drive. and for the shoot through have her work on her casting and get it as high as she can then when she is good at casting have her work on getting her leg through. it helped me a lot. let me know how it goes.

Please note all. I would rather no one offers advice on how to coach these skills at home. This is from Bog the mod, not Bog the mom/coach. It is too dangerous for us to support legally offering advice.

From a Mom point of view I would get her a private or two to help with the skills. AT home practice should be kept to simple and safe stuff.

Patience! She has not even moved to L4 yet? Please let her coaches teach her these skills- by "teaching" her at home you will make the process longer and more confusing for your DD! It will take time & you only role is to support your daughter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back