Parents Level 4 Beam requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Avasmom

Proud Parent
My daughter had a meet this past weekend and fell on her cartwheel and forgot an element (she calls it the grapevine although I'm not sure that's the technical term). Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for what deductions she received for that. I know .5 for the fall but didn't know what the deduction was for leaving out an element. She scored a 7.95. Thanks!

I will hazard a guess, but I could be wrong...
I know that leaving out a MAJOR element is 2x the value of the skill. This may apply to minor skills too. So it could apply to the grapevine (and that is what we call it too).
The cartwheel, if neither foot landed on the beam, then she would also lose the value of the cartwheel... even if one foot landed on, she could have form deductions.
Someone will definitely correct me if i am wrong ;)

I will hazard a guess, but I could be wrong...
I know that leaving out a MAJOR element is 2x the value of the skill. This may apply to minor skills too. So it could apply to the grapevine (and that is what we call it too).
The cartwheel, if neither foot landed on the beam, then she would also lose the value of the cartwheel... even if one foot landed on, she could have form deductions.
Someone will definitely correct me if i am wrong ;)
what is a grapevine?
If she got even 1 foot on the beam, she got credit for the skill but lost points in execution, .5 for the fall, and if this grapevine is a major skill, then double the value of the skill. If its choreography, its not much of a deduction.

what is a grapevine?
If she got even 1 foot on the beam, she got credit for the skill but lost points in execution, .5 for the fall, and if this grapevine is a major skill, then double the value of the skill. If its choreography, its not much of a deduction.
The grapevine is where they do the crossing side steps, so probably not major.

Reactions: sce
The grapevine is not element in the routine, so It would either be 0.1 for omitting a small part or 0.3 for omitting a serries of connections. Since the steps are meant to be connected, I can see some judges taking the latter.

This post is very enlightening for knowing how judges judge. That is a very difficult job for sure!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back