Parents Level 4 Meet #4 and so confused!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD had her 4th meet and I am still scratching my head on this one. She had a great meet but for some reason scores are all messed up. The scores they flashed at the meet are not the scores that are posted on the web. Mind you they were all messed up for aa during awards. It was a horrible experience that had a few little girls crying.

Vault: 3rd 9.250(flashed) Posted (9.3)
Bars: 1st 9.275(flashed) Posted (9.375)
Beam:1st 9.375(flashed) Posted (9.5) She finally stayed on the beam!!!! We were so excited for her.
Floor:1st 9.575 (flashed) Posted (9.5)

AA 1st 37.45(announced) Posted (37.7)

We are so very proud of our little one. She has worked so hard. She was on cloud nine after this meet mainly for her beam routine and her floor. She so wanted a 9.5. The last meet they flashed that score for her with her team mates number. Had her name team mates number and 9.575 so we were all confused with what was her "real" score. They wrote on her score card the 9.4. Oh well. Now that DD pulled the 9.575 she felt so good. She said see it could have been my score. Any how... She was just so happy. Well in awards she pretty much figured out that she had the AA well they did not call her name for top 3 when her team mate was 2nd AA with all scores lower than hers and they were calling AA scores of 47.5 which had us all confused. Finally they recalled all the awards for AA and DD's coach challanged them and had the numbers re-worked. The same thing happened to the next two age groups too. So finally they have the new numbers and DD was called for 1st place and they get to third and found another error and re-called the awards again. This brought tears to a few little girls. Finally they call them a third time and DD had lost her excitment. It was so frustrating and now the numbers online are higher than we all have written down. We had some good moments when we were taking pics of DD a stranger approached us to compliment DD for how she handled all of the confusion. His daughter was called by mistake the first time. He told her that everyone knew she was the champion and she truly acted like one with how she composed herself with all the mistakes. He told us he was looking forward to seeing us at States in a few months. :eek:

Well then walking out we over heard a team mate family talking (they didn't see us behind them) They said you were only 3 points behind DD. You can catch her! Then they turned around to see us. I have never seen such a sheepish look in my life. The family didn't even speak to us at practice this week. So now I have it confirmed that DD has a BIG target painted on her back. DD was not happy hearing that from a team member. We had so many ups and downs that day it wasn't even funny. We are off for a few weeks till our next meet.

How frustrating that must have been. Sounds awful !!!

Your DD did FANTASTIC !!!!! I know you are proud, and she should be too !!

Sorry about the teammate family, some are just so competitive that they cannot be happy for others when they win !!

WOW! Those are AMAZING scores! Great job! After awhile those comments just make you LOL, people are just so silly. Parents that use friends/teamates as motivation for their own child...it just never works, especially as they get older. Shrug it off and celebrate!!

Your daughter did a great job. I know it must be confusing with all the scroing mixup. I would just go with the score card. Dont' worry about the other family, just tell your daughter to continue doing her best and to have fun.

Congrat to your DD for having a great beam day. She had great scores on all the events. We had 1 meet last year that got messed up too. Places on the ribbons were all messed up and they forgot to put mention DD in the all around awards. I was the one who brought it to the attention of the coaches who then had to talk to the team hosting the meet to get it worked out. If was very frustrating and I felt bad for DD too. I can only think that they have so many kids to score and record that mistakes get made espically when they are trying to be fast.

What a frustrating time with scores & awards. And what a nightmare for the hosting gym! I know sometimes we have an issue with the score being flashed incorrectly, because the head judge on the event figured the average wrong, but I can't imagine that happening all the time!

Ugg. But congrats to DD for handling it well, and grats to you for raising her to handle it well. :)

We had to deal with the target thing this year. Not sure why parents feel the need to use other kids as motivation, especially from the same team, but they do. I think it is stinky.

Fabulous scores for you little one, such a shame that the scores were not done correctly. Must've been hard for the little ones who should've been on the podium but didn't get there due to the mess up.

Glad she did so well and handled it well. Though if I got 4 golds and a bronze I think I could just about cope with anything!

I have been to a few meets where they messed up awards so badly that they took all the medlas back and redid them, leaving some of the initial winners without meadls, very embarrasing for the poor things. I am happier when they take a bit of time and get it right the first time.

What a mess with the scores and all that!:( Ugh that would be so frustrating! Sorry to hear the "comment" that wasn't meant for your ears made it to them...that is, I am sure, very awkward.

But WOW your DD sure did rock that meet. Seriously, those are some awesome scores! Congrats to her!!!!

Enjoy your few weeks off before the next meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back