Parents Level 4 practice hours?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom102509

Proud Parent
Hi, my daughter is movIng up to level 4 this year (she did 2 years as a level 3) and I’m wondering what the average amount of hours a 4 spends at the gym weekly? When we were on 3, she started out with 9 hours and then last season we bumped it up to 11. Her coach is pushing for all her 4’s to add additional hours which would bump her up to 15hrs a week (4hrs 4 wk nights, 3 hours Saturday). My daughter is 8, about to turn 9. I bumped her up this month as a trial, to see if she can handle it with school. I guess once summer comes I won’t be as concerned, but right now I am.

I know she would be at the 7 days a week if I let her, lol!

When we were on 3, she started out with 9 hours and then last season we bumped it up to 11. Her coach is pushing for all her 4’s to add additional hours which would bump her up to 15hrs a week (4hrs 4 wk nights, 3 hours Saturday).

Do you mean 4x3 plus Saturday?

Last edited by a moderator:
When we were on 3, she started out with 9 hours and then last season we bumped it up to 11. Her coach is pushing for all her 4’s to add additional hours which would bump her up to 15hrs a week (4hrs 4 wk nights, 3 hours Saturday).

Do you mean 4x3 plus Saturday?
Mon, Tues, Thurs 4-8 and Sat 9-3... sorry I wasn’t fully awake lol

Last edited by a moderator:
9 hours. 3 days/3 hours. You can go Saturday for another 3. That is optional.

Our gym has done 12-13hrs for L4 for as long as DD has been on team (she is no longer a L4, lol). Seems to be pretty standard with the exceptions of a few “power gyms”in the bigger cities that pile on the hours early on (seriously their L3’s go 20hrs/wk and most do TOPs testing as well).

Our last gym was a lower hours gym that did 9/week when we were there last year, but this last year the L4s went 12 hours. The gym we moved to had the 4s there 15 hours/week (divided into 4 days, between 3 1/2-4 hours/practice).

Our gym has done 12-13hrs for L4 for as long as DD has been on team (she is no longer a L4, lol). Seems to be pretty standard with the exceptions of a few “power gyms”in the bigger cities that pile on the hours early on (seriously their L3’s go 20hrs/wk and most do TOPs testing as well).
What is TOPs testing?

Ours did 15 over the summer and 13-14 during the school year. 3hrs x 3 weekdays and then 4 on Saturday. The 3 hours always goes about 15 minutes over.

Reactions: sce
Hi, my daughter is movIng up to level 4 this year (she did 2 years as a level 3) and I’m wondering what the average amount of hours a 4 spends at the gym weekly? When we were on 3, she started out with 9 hours and then last season we bumped it up to 11. Her coach is pushing for all her 4’s to add additional hours which would bump her up to 15hrs a week (4hrs 4 wk nights, 3 hours Saturday). My daughter is 8, about to turn 9. I bumped her up this month as a trial, to see if she can handle it with school. I guess once summer comes I won’t be as concerned, but right now I am.

I know she would be at the 7 days a week if I let her, lol!
4 hrs, 4 wk nights plus 3 hrs Saturday is 19 hours. Do you mean 3 week nights? That is way too much in my opinion. 15 hours is pretty normal fir level 4 but she is young, so you need to asses whether it effects her getting enough sleep.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back