Parents Level 4 State Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well we survived our first state meet. I swear I am glad that is only once a year. I think our entire family except for DD was stressed out. So here goes. DD was in the first session of the two day meet. She was so excited to compete. She started on the "BEAM" which did not help the nerves but we knew if she had a solid routine then the rest would be "easy so to speak. So she was the last beam routine for the rotation and pulled a 9.450 Wasn't her best routine but lifted a HUGE weight off her shoulders. Then was her favorite "Floor" she rocked it and had a judge she has had 3 times this season and he has consistently scored her 9.4 Well I guess he saw some little changes she scored a 9.575 her highest floor score of the season. Off to Vault and it was the wild card event because they were not flashing the scores very well and you could not hardly tell the gymnast number let alone the score. DD moved to video and get a better look at her score. Vault is her weakest event. She pulled a 9.35 her highest score of the season. Then off to bars. DD is used to going last on most all events with her team but she was up first which was a HUGE change. She seemed a bit rushed and anxious. Warm up was horrible. She had us all praying it was so bad she even fell on her dismount. So up she goes and does a nice solid routine but she scored lower than ususal with a 9.275. Not bad but not the numbers she typically pulls.

So here goes the placement.
Vault 3rd place 9.35(this was so close between the top 3)
Bars 2nd place 9.275 (1st was 9.35)
Beam 1st place state champion 9.450
Floor 1st place state champion 9.575
AA Level 4 Child A State Champion 37.65

We are so proud of our little gymmie she won 3 titles in her first state meet. She was on cloud nine the entire weekend. Now we are off to level 5 in two months and DD is already focused and nailing her skills.

Thanks for letting me share. :D

WOW that is a great meet! Fabulous scores! She is more than ready for L5! Congrats to her!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back