Level 5-7 Nationals Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaddieLynn

Coach
Gymnast
Some of y'all may recall my thread from last year where my younger sister competed at nationals in Spokane:

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/spokane.46885/

This year we're in Ft. Worth, Tx, which is disappointingly close to home - I would have preferred something more "exotic", although this is definitely easier on the wallet!

My sister is now a level 7 and has so far competed on double mini, with trampoline coming up shortly and tumbling tomorrow. Last year she didn't even mobilize on double mini, so we were a little nervous coming in even though it's looked pretty good all year. She's also had trouble in the past with folding under pressure - not having huge errors, more so just that what was a gorgeous pass in practice becomes meh in competition. Additionally, she didn't like the feel of the double minis here, so I was really holding my breath.

Well... she BLEW IT OUT OF THE WATER today! She scored a 58.0 on double mini, replacing her former high score of 56.7. That's pretty huge. She stuck her first pass and had the tiniest shuffle on the second. She took 2nd in flight and 6th in the nation. I'd say that's pretty good for not even qualifying on double mini a year ago! I'm so proud of her.

As a side note, she'll be doing level 8 next year so we are already excited for RI nationals.

I'll continue to update results as she competes. Trampoline is next, which has been her trouble spot this year, so we'll see...

Here's a photo of her doing her "crazy salute" according to her, she "wishes coach would let her do this at competition!"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
Good job to your sister. My YDD qualified in all 3 events as a L 5 but our gym did not go.

Congrats to your sister! My DDs gym doesn't go to L5-7 nationals, but my DD work have love to go too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back