Level 5 Bars Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi my daughter is a level 5 gymnast. She is really good on bars, but her connection from the kip to the front hip circle isn't the fastest. According to her coaches her bars are great and she'll score 9's plus. She has a great cast on low and high bars in the routine and really good tap swings. Her squat on is so smooth, like she isn't even touching the bars. She can cast to handstand too. She has her long hang pullover too. It's just the connection isn't immediate - she doesn't readjust herself, but does slow down. Any suggestions? She has an older sister in level 7 too and has always been great on bars, seems her sister is walking in her shoes:)

That is a funny connection. A good kip should end in a powerful cast, so going to front support for a front hip circle is a bit weird. I wouldn't worry about it, because she'll never need that connection after L5 again...congrats to her on her cast handstand!

My understanding is that as long as they continue moving, albeit slowly, the connection is not broken. My dd scored in the low 9s on bars last year at L5 and her kip to front hip connection was not fast but there was no pause. If she has it already at this point as well as you say and it seems that she is strong on bars, she will get it soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back