WAG level 5 bars scoring

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter is a 1st year level 5 & I was wondering if it was better for her to connect everything on bars or pause to get a hihger cast and more momentum, specifically after her kip to the high bar. She can't seem to do both yet.

My DD had this problem at the beginning of Level 5. I'm not sure what is "best" in terms of deductions/scoring, but I'm sure your DD's coach will tell her what to do. For my DD's coach, she would rather her connect the whole routine.

This has become an issue with our Level 5 mom's after our latest meet. Some of our girls are able to connect the skills, albeit with form deductions and not quite as high a cast as required on the high bar and they scored higher on bars all around. Mom's are not happy since the "prettier" (meaning not as many form breaks but with definite pauses) scored much lower than the connected routines. Dunno seems to absolutely correct in his assessment because it was across the board.

Connecting with a lower cast scores better and also sets them up properly to build to a higher cast without interrupting/changing the flow of the routine. Sometimes it's ugly first, but I'm sure it will be pretty by the end of the season.

This has become an issue with our Level 5 mom's after our latest meet. Some of our girls are able to connect the skills, albeit with form deductions and not quite as high a cast as required on the high bar and they scored higher on bars all around. Mom's are not happy since the "prettier" (meaning not as many form breaks but with definite pauses) scored much lower than the connected routines. Dunno seems to absolutely correct in his assessment because it was across the board.
We were told that each pause is a 0.5 deduction.

It is written under general faults and penelties:

Lack of coordination on connections (up to .1)
Movement lacking dynamics (general deduction for whole exercis) (up to .2)

Thats really interesting. I was thinking about a similar situation today. My dd and a few other girls connect and are very tight but their skills arent has high. Some of the other girls on team have big skills but not as tight. The coaches make a big deal about the big cast and correct my dd. They say how the girls with big skills are going to score so high. Then my dd scores are just as good as the others. It is the same scenerio on beam. You answered my questions. Thanks!:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back