Parents Level 5 here we come!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD got her kip saturday at camp. She wasnt really excited about going but that all changed. :D She was doing some drills on a tramp where she had to drop down to her butt and bounce back up holding the bar (God-bless the person who invented that drill!!):cool: as soon as she figured it out there she preceded to go over and try her kip and got it!! She did it 10 times that day!! She is so happy and now loves bars:p She even moved her flyaway from the pit to the mat and lands it on her feet!! She had so much fun that she ended up working backhandsprings on the low beam too! Great Camp!!:)

Way to go!!!

Congrats on taking that big step, I remember it well it is so exciting for your dd. I'm sure that she will be perfecting those skills in the months to come, enjoy!:)

Congrats to your DD!!! ;)Like someone has said before gymnastics is amarathon not a sprint and that is sooooo very true. :rolleyes:Where did she go to camp? Glad to hear she had fun.

Congrats to your DD!!! ;)Like someone has said before gymnastics is amarathon not a sprint and that is sooooo very true. :rolleyes:Where did she go to camp? Glad to hear she had fun.
Thank you!!
The camp she went to was a 3 day camp at a club we compete against. They are very friendly there and very supportive of all gymnasts. About 19 of our gymnasts went and our head coach also did guest coaching there. She got so close to her kip at Lake Owen a few weeks ago and could only do it with a touch reminder to not open her shoulders and fall away from the bar. It definitly has been a marathon she's been a level 4 for 3 yrs so she is so ready to move on and up.

What a great job she did at that camp !!!! She must still be walking on clouds. Don't you just love how excited they get when they get a whole bunch of new skills. It sounds like she is going to do great at level 5 :)

Wow! So exciting!! Don't you love it how the momentum just flows when they learn a new skill or drill! It gives them so much confidence to do more and more!!!
Congrats!!!

:thumbsup::applause::goodvibes::D:D Congratz to your dd!! I love that feeling you get as the parent when your dd succeeds. Looks like the bar fariy had a special eye on her. LOL, I wish her luck in her level 5 season. ( and congratz to her for getting the kip and flyaway!:D)

It was nice, chatted with some relatives, the girls went swimming with their cousins. Just trying to get back to the swing of things here. LOL, tons of updates on everyones dd! Thanks for asking midwest!:)

DD got her kip saturday at camp. She wasnt really excited about going but that all changed. She was doing some drills on a tramp where she had to drop down to her butt and bounce back up holding the bar (God-bless the person who invented that drill!!) as soon as she figured it out there she preceded to go over and try her kip and got it!! She did it 10 times that day!! She is so happy and now loves bars She even moved her flyaway from the pit to the mat and lands it on her feet!! She had so much fun that she ended up working backhandsprings on the low beam too! Great Camp!!

What incredible news MWGM:D Congrats to your dd, I am sure she is so very excited!!!!!!!!!! :applause::thumbsup::applause::bouncy::applause: Sounds like L6 will be here in a blink as well:)

I love when coaches think outside the box a little and create a different way for gymmies to develop their skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back