Level 5 vault Help !!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

okay when I do a FHS on the vault im arching down and im not sure How to fix it ... And I have a fast run and my coach says to keep my toes up but I dont understand how to do that .. Any advice ??

^ Staying tight upon contact of the table. You can visualize popping off the board by shrugging your shoulders but really all a compulsory needs to do is run hard accelerating and not stuttering their steps, hit the board, and rapidly use all that forward momentum to vertical momentum. Hit the table with a tight body and you will fly off.

Hit the body and get loose and you will arch off. No power from the run or board punch, same effect.

Think about what your own coach is telling you. We can all give you great advice, but you're probably getting the right advice already. Your arch is probably something the coach is trying to correct you of. So you hear a bunch of corrections to get rid of it, and it the next workout the corrections come with the added info that you're arching, but no connection is made between the arch and the corrections.

So now that you're ready to correct your arch......listen to your coach again, and use the corrections to make the change.

Try to drive your heels then squeeze your whole body.Also try to block higher.It will give you more time to get the right body shape.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back