WAG Level 6 acro series - Deductions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sbaker22

Proud Parent
I have twin girls, both competing Level 6 and both struggling to overcome back tumbling mental blocks. They competed Platinum last season without back tumbling in their floor routines. They are doing the same series in their Level 6 routines, but with added back element at the end of the series - FT step out, Round off, BHS (possibly BT). We are slowly getting there, but at their meet this weekend the coach stepped onto the floor and "spotted", but don't think she actually touched either of them. Both had their SV dropped to 9.5 and believe both got a neutral deduction of some amount. Pretty sure neither got credit for the series as it looked like they probably slowed down too much and broke the connection between the elements. If everything else in their routines were perfect (I know they weren't, LOL) and all other SRs met, what would be the deductions from the 9.5 SV in this case? They have had 2 meets thus far, with the same routines and "spotting" with 2 pretty different scores. I am confused and just trying to understand what the difference may have been between the 2 meets. I realize they don't have to do back tumbling, but we would like to advance to Level 7 where a back LO is required, so we have to work through this block.

If I had to guess, they had their SV lowered because the tumbling wasn’t connected and then they received the neutral deduction of 0.5 for the coach stepping on the floor.

If the coach just stepped onto the floor and series wasn't connected, would be 9.5 sv plus 0.5 chief judge deduction for coach on the floor(you should see the floor judge indicate this deduction). If the coach actually spotted the pass, it would be no credit for series, so 9.5 sv plus the 0.5 chief judge deduction for coach on floor plus 0.5 general deduction for the spot.

No advice but hugs to your girls. My DD competed Platinum against them last year, and they are wonderful gymnasts. Fingers crossed they can effectively work through or around their blocks.

No advice but hugs to your girls. My DD competed Platinum against them last year, and they are wonderful gymnasts. Fingers crossed they can effectively work through or around their blocks.
Oh, so sweet! Thank you. What they do, they do beautifully. Just wish we could get past this block a little faster. LOL

If the coach just stepped onto the floor and series wasn't connected, would be 9.5 sv plus 0.5 chief judge deduction for coach on the floor(you should see the floor judge indicate this deduction). If the coach actually spotted the pass, it would be no credit for series, so 9.5 sv plus the 0.5 chief judge deduction for coach on floor plus 0.5 general deduction for the spot.
Thank you. I am guessing this is what happened, based on the lower score this time. Thinking at the the previous meet that they didn't get the additional 0.5 deduction for an actual spot, just the coach on the floor.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back