WAG Level 6 casts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Amanda

Proud Parent
Ok it seems like I have read different things on here- is there a deduction in current Level 6 bars for casts that are at 45 degrees above horizontal or above but are not to handstand or within 10 degrees of handstand? I know they need one at at least 45 degrees above horizontal to meet the requirements. I'm just not clear on deductions for casts between that and up to handstand (or 10 degrees less?) Thank you!

The above horizontal meets the requirement, so the start value is not affected, but there is still the deduction for not being vertical (handstand).

There is an amplitude dedcution for all optional levels of up to 0.30 on casts. For levels 7-10 this applies to casts not within 10 degrees of vertical, for level 6 this applies to all casts not 45 degrees above horizontal or greater. The deduction starts at 0.05 and goes up as cast is further from requirement. This deduction used to be the same for all optional levels, but as amiandjim says they changed it to be less harsh for level 6.

So.....if my daughter casts to handstand on the low bar and casts to 45 degrees above horizontal on the high bar before dismount she is good? Or she gets a deduction but not a bad one on the high bar cast?

So.....if my daughter casts to handstand on the low bar and casts to 45 degrees above horizontal on the high bar before dismount she is good? Or she gets a deduction but not a bad one on the high bar cast?
Depends on the level. For level 6, no amplitude deductions. But high bar cast will get a 0.2 amplitude deduction in levels 7-10. The cast special requirement only needs to be hit once in the routine, but EVERY cast in an optional routine receives amplitude deductions(if applicable).

Thanks everyone. So it looks like for level 6, they just need one to go above horizontal to meet special requirement but any cast below 45 degrees above horizontal gets an amplitude deduction (this will change to vertical with level 7). I know I am pretty much just repeating above responses! Just making sure!

Ok it seems like I have read different things on here- is there a deduction in current Level 6 bars for casts that are at 45 degrees above horizontal or above but are not to handstand or within 10 degrees of handstand? I know they need one at at least 45 degrees above horizontal to meet the requirements. I'm just not clear on deductions for casts between that and up to handstand (or 10 degrees less?) Thank you!
The above horizontal meets the requirement, so the start value is not affected, but there is still the deduction for not being vertical (handstand).
There needs to be one cast to above horizontal for the cast special requirement. This means that at 91° they get the special requirement. From 45° to vertical, there is no cast amplitude/angle deduction in level 6. From 46° below vertical to below horizontal, there is an up to .30 deduction. At horizontal would be .25, above horizontal picture 3 equal pie shapes to place in the 91° to 44° Range, with deductions distributed like so: .2-.15, .15-.1, .1-.05.

There needs to be one cast to above horizontal for the cast special requirement. This means that at 91° they get the special requirement. From 45° to vertical, there is no cast amplitude/angle deduction in level 6. From 46° below vertical to below horizontal, there is an up to .30 deduction. At horizontal would be .25, above horizontal picture 3 equal pie shapes to place in the 91° to 44° Range, with deductions distributed like so: .2-.15, .15-.1, .1-.05.
ETA: Full deduction is taken at horizontal, of .30. So horizontal and below is .30. Your pie range follows that logic, .25-.2, .15-.1, .1-.05

Also, note that level 6 cast get B credit if they fall within 10° or 20° of vertical. There is no .05 deduction for being 20° from vertical.

Thanks everyone. So it looks like for level 6, they just need one to go above horizontal to meet special requirement but any cast below 45 degrees above horizontal gets an amplitude deduction (this will change to vertical with level 7). I know I am pretty much just repeating above responses! Just making sure!
I found the cast angles all extremely confusing. For whatever it is worth, my daughter got a fair bit of deductions on her bar routines last year until she hit the handstands on both the low and high bars. It made a good .5 difference. So even though cast to handstand is not technically required, it seems like it is to get a competitive score.

An easy way to think about it . Your car passes inspection and doesn’t get impounded but you still get a speeding ticket . :). Two separate issues that only seem related

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back