WAG Level 6 Judges' Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What a beautiful video! Looks like your DD and her team had a great first meet - congrats to them! And best wishes for continued success this season!

Yes, actually, if you decide to go into business taking gymnastics video footage and putting it together into something that looks like that, let me know! That is beyond awesome! What software do you use? (If you don't mind giving away trade secrets)

I may have said this the last time you posted a team video, but it really makes me happy to see gyms that have girls of all ages at all levels. It seems like too many gyms have an expectation that you're out of compulories before you turn x (9, 10, 11) or else you are shunted into rec/prep op/xcell. Not that there's anything wrong with those programs, if that's what you want to do, but there's also nothing wrong with a teenager being a level 3-6 either.

It is SO hard to find youtube videos of older girls except maybe at the upper levels. I guess it's just because parents of the younger "star" gymnasts are the ones most likely to be posting on youtube. But, even though my daughter's age group (11) was the biggest group at level 6 states last year, when I look at level 7 videos on youtube, they're all of tiny little girls. Leaves my DD feeling like an "old lady."

Anyway, sorry to go off topic. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks =) I use final cut pro X... putting it together isn't too hard- getting good footage can be challenging depending on how the apparatus are setup..

Hey, I was at that meet!

Great editing job, and all the Technique girls looked fantastic from what I saw.

The video is great!! Now how did you use copyrighted music and not have youtube take it off your video??

YouTube will sometimes automatically add a link to buy the music on iTunes and that seems to be enough to justify use. At least on videos that I've personally added...

Thanks =) I use final cut pro X... putting it together isn't too hard- getting good footage can be challenging depending on how the apparatus are setup..

Of course it's for Mac. Would love to know if there's something similar for PC. One of these days I will just have to get myself a Mac.

YouTube will sometimes automatically add a link to buy the music on iTunes and that seems to be enough to justify use. At least on videos that I've personally added...

hmmm...I've never seen that. On the couple videos I've added, the songs have been taken off or they tell me they can't be uploaded due to copyright infringement.

hmmm...I've never seen that. On the couple videos I've added, the songs have been taken off or they tell me they can't be uploaded due to copyright infringement.

I've had that problem too, yet every video I pull up on YouTube has a pop music soundtrack.

You should have used the song ~Black and Yellow~ ha! I have a mac so I'm going to play around with that program for sure before optional season! Cute video!

You should have used the song ~Black and Yellow~ ha! I have a mac so I'm going to play around with that program for sure before optional season! Cute video!

Haha- thanks for the song suggestion. I might have to use it for a future video :)

Your videos are always so fun to watch! I have tried (and failed miserably) may times to make a video like it. However I am never close enough to the action to get really good video! Maybe this will be my year!!

My question is how many cameras do you have filming to be able to capture the close ups and other angles? I love these videos and would love to do something like this this season.

My question is how many cameras do you have filming to be able to capture the close ups and other angles? I love these videos and would love to do something like this this season.

thanks for the kind words. I have only 1 camera but I try to get various angles and focal length/zoom. I shoot alot during the warm-ups as well to get as much filler footage as possible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back