WAG Level 6 Leap Pass

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnastics

Gymnast
Hello! I am currently a 16 year old JO level 6 gymnast, and I have a question regarding the leap pass. For the level 6 floor leap/dance pass, is it acceptable to do 3 chaine turns with the middle one having a jump in it, connected to a chasse straddle jump? I’d like to make it that instead of a switch split because my straddle is better, but I thought you’d have to do some type of leap with a one foot take off and not a jump. Thank you.

What if I do a leap that’s not at 180 and then do a 180 degree straddle jump that’s connected in the series? Will they take deductions for that?

What if I do a leap that’s not at 180 and then do a 180 degree straddle jump that’s connected in the series? Will they take deductions for that?

Also can I please have tips to achieve a better switch split? I’m at 120 but have a full split on floor!

There will be deductions for the leap but you will hit the requirement of a 180 split.
On floor, the 180 has to be hit in the leap with a one-foot take off to cover the special requirement, a jump can't cover it(like it can on beam). But, you get credit for the requirement if you are within 45 degrees, so at least 135, just get a deduction of up to 0.2 for lack of split for anything that doesn't hit 180.

OP if you are good at straddles, what about a side leap instead of a split or switch leap? That counts.

On floor, the 180 has to be hit in the leap with a one-foot take off to cover the special requirement, a jump can't cover it(like it can on beam). But, you get credit for the requirement if you are within 45 degrees, so at least 135, just get a deduction of up to 0.2 for lack of split for anything that doesn't hit 180.

OP if you are good at straddles, what about a side leap instead of a split or switch leap? That counts.

that’s a great idea! I’ll let my coach know. As for now, any tips to achieve a better switch split I have my splits? I have long legs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back