WAG Level 6 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today I had a level 6 meet that I felt I did very well at!
First we had floor which is usually one of my best but today was my worst. My routine was going great, and my tumbling was super powerful all the way up to almost the end. I'm not really sure what happened. I did my full turn and hitch kick, then for unknown reasons I did them again! I think I got a little distracted because my asthma was kicking in, but still... I got an 8.0 on floor and 6th place. (only 8 girls were in my age group)
Next we went to vault. Overall I was pretty please with how I vaulted. I piked a little bit and took a tiny hop, but other than that my coaches said it was really good. Especially since I wasn't quite sure where I vaulted from. I got an 9.1 and 3rd place.
After vault we went to bars. Bars has always been one of my favorite and best events. While a lot of people struggled with level 6 bars I think I did great. I had an excellent first half, but when i did my squat on I almost fell! I saved it though and jumped to high bar. I was really happy with my 2nd half because sometimes I bend my arms on my baby giant but I didn't! To finish it off I stuck my landing. I got an 8.65 and 1st place.
Last we went to beam. When I was in level 4 and 5 I always felt I was not good at beam. I still don't like competing it, but I've gotten much better. My coaches say in practice I would score low to mid 9's. Today I went through my entire routine with no falls. My leap wasn't that good though and I bent my leg. For some reason I was literally shaking on the beam! I ended up with an 8.85 and a 1st place medal. I'm very proud of how close I came to a 9 on beam because I've never gotten one on beam before.
My all around score ended up as 34.6 a personal best. And i got 1st place! I was very happy with how I competed and I had a lot of fun.
P.S. I may start doing these more often... It made me really think about my routines.

Excellent scores...especially on bars...L6 scoring on bars seems to be really harsh! You must have really high casts to get an 8.65 if your "almost fall" was noticeable.

Thanks! Yeah it was pretty noticable. My arms were flailing! :p I've been working on my casts lately. They don't always get to 3/4 but they do often! I love bars. <3

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back