Coaches Level 7 Bar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CoachV

Coach
I have a quick question regarding Level 7 Bars. It's my first year coaching optional levels and putting together routines so I want to verify that I have all the required skills in there.

I have two level 7s and one of them is afraid of giants (Although she does them very well when I talk her into it). Until I can get her to do them consistently, I have her doing free hips to handstand even though I feel this is much riskier as far as deductions.

Does this routine cover all needed skills?

Kip - Cast HandStand
Free Hip to HandStand
Another Free Free Hip to HandStand
Toe on Sole Circle to High Bar
Kip - Cast Handstand - Fly Away

My other Level 7 has very solid giants, so I'm wondering if she needs a free hip in there at all if she's doing more than one giant? Can she just do two or more giants and cover all needed circling skills? (Ie. Kip, Squat On, 2 Giants, flyaway)?

Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

The routine with 2 Free Hips is fine, but the routine with just 2 giants doesn't meet the requirement that one of the circling elements must be from group 3, 6 or 7(free hip, stalder, toe-toe/toe-off). So add the free hip either on the low bar or on the high bar into the giant.

If you don't mind I would like to add another question about level 7 bars into this discussion. I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I second guess myself. If a level 7 performs the following routine, is this enough elements and would they start from a 10?
Kip, Cast, Free hip, Kip, Squat on, Jump to high, Kip, Cast Handstand, Giant, Flyaway

I have a level 7 who currently does 2 giants but to save on execution I would like her to only do 1 to a flyaway if it still keeps her SV at a 10.

Thanks in advance for the input :)

If you don't mind I would like to add another question about level 7 bars into this discussion. I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I second guess myself. If a level 7 performs the following routine, is this enough elements and would they start from a 10?
Kip, Cast, Free hip, Kip, Squat on, Jump to high, Kip, Cast Handstand, Giant, Flyaway

I have a level 7 who currently does 2 giants but to save on execution I would like her to only do 1 to a flyaway if it still keeps her SV at a 10.

Thanks in advance for the input :)
Yep this routine is fine, second giant not necessary for 10 SV.

Here is the break down if you are interested:
Kip - A
Cast - B or no value if not within 20 degrees of HS
Free hip - B (any height free hip is a B)
Kip - A
Squat on jump to high - A
Kip - A
Cast - B or no value if not within 20 degrees of HS
Giant - B
Flyaway - A

So you've got right on requirements at 5 A's and 2 B's if casts are low, up to 2 extra B's if casts are handstand.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back