WAG Level 7 Chenko timer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
hi yall! Anyone willing to post some videos of what the L7 vault is supposed to be looking like? I’ve heard of so many different things some friends are doing at different gyms.....I’m specifically talking about the yurchenko timer.
Just curious if anyone has begun to see what this finished product is supposed to look like at the meets.
Thanks!

Something like this without the step forward. She is going to fall back to prevent stepping forward.

Done correctly her feet would be in front ofher when she hits the mat. Falling, rolling or stepping backward are all allowed.

Done correctly her feet would be in front ofher when she hits the mat. Falling, rolling or stepping backward are all allowed.

This timer stuff for a score is very confusing! So, after your feet hit, if you fall, roll or step backwards, no credit lost? What would be the cause of landing deductions if a child's feet hit first? Is a mat allowed ON the table itself or just a stack behind it? Is it much harder to do without the mat ON the table? My kid has what I think is a nice Y-timer on a table but her coaches stack the mats to about 8" above the table with the top mat actually covering both the table and the landing stack. Is that just to protect their wrists while training?

This timer stuff for a score is very confusing! So, after your feet hit, if you fall, roll or step backwards, no credit lost? What would be the cause of landing deductions if a child's feet hit first? Is a mat allowed ON the table itself or just a stack behind it? Is it much harder to do without the mat ON the table? My kid has what I think is a nice Y-timer on a table but her coaches stack the mats to about 8" above the table with the top mat actually covering both the table and the landing stack. Is that just to protect their wrists while training?
I am no expert but I believe that you cannot have a mat on the horse. The goal of timers is to work towards flipping. This vault’s motion should be moving backwards. The feet can hit and then they fall or roll but the motion must be backwards, thus the feet should not be behind them when that land. For training, added mats help to protect their bodies and to encourage the height required to properly do the flipping vault.

These all seem to be on purpose falling onto their backs, like a timer to flat back. It will not be a deduction, but it just looks odd.
That is the vault here in the UK, they have to fall to their backs to encourage the backwards rotation that is needed when flipping - the level (compulsory 2) after this they have to scoop through to candle stick.

These all seem to be on purpose falling onto their backs, like a timer to flat back. It will not be a deduction, but it just looks odd.

I’ve seen videos of a few gyms in my area teaching them to fall to flat back exactly like that for this vault.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back