WAG level 7 floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

reluctant

Proud Parent
What are the most common tumbling passes for level 7 floor? I mean I can read this:
1. One Acro series (min.3 directly connected flight elem. - one a back layout to 2 feet) 2. A direct connection of 2 or more forward acro elements with flight – one must be a salto or aerial 3. Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 diff. Grp. 1 elements (direct or indirect connection) - one a LEAP w/ 180° cross or side split 4. Min. of 360° turn on one foot (Isolated or in a series)

but I don't really know what it means.

Doing an LO is mandatory.

We see many RO BHS LO as the backward pass.
We see many FHS FT or FHS LO as the front pass.

The norm here is two passes. DD does three passes the third is RO BHS FULL.

The most common in my area are RO-BHS-BLO (of course) and FHS-FT.
Also seen regularly are RO-BHS-BLO and FHS-FLO.
Not common, but FHS-FP and FT-FT show up on occasion for the front pass.

For girls coming from L6 and reusing floor music, that is often it.
For girls who intended to use their music the next year at L8 (or just from gyms that require three passes), you will see some sort of third pass.

Most common third pass is a "filler" RO-straddle jump, but I've seen aerials, RO-BHS-BT, and RO-BHS-full as well.

What are the most common tumbling passes for level 7 floor? I mean I can read this:
1. One Acro series (min.3 directly connected flight elem. - one a back layout to 2 feet) 2. A direct connection of 2 or more forward acro elements with flight – one must be a salto or aerial 3. Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 diff. Grp. 1 elements (direct or indirect connection) - one a LEAP w/ 180° cross or side split 4. Min. of 360° turn on one foot (Isolated or in a series)

but I don't really know what it means.
Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 diff. Grp. 1 elements (direct or indirect connection) -one a LEAP w/ 180° cross or side split
This is usually a switch leap followed by a split jump - this is not a tumbling pass

Min. of 360° turn on one foot (Isolated or in a series)
Must spin for at least one rotation on one foot - this is not a tumbling pass

One Acro series (min.3 directly connected flight elem. - one a back layout to 2 feet)
This is usually a RO-BHS- back layout - you must do the layout - this is one of the 2-3 tumbling passes

direct connection of 2 or more forward acro elements with flight – one must be a salto or aerial
This is often a Front handspring-front tuck or FHS-front pike (or layout, but that is more common in level 8). It could also be a front tuck-front tuck. These are tumbling passes.

Some gyms like 3 passes and the third is most often a RO-BHS-back tuck.

Hope that helps.

Dd is training for level 7 next season and her group are all doing the RO-BHS-LO for the first pass. The second one, right now at least, is either a FHS-FT or a FHS-FP. I think for the dance passage they seem to be working on switch leap - straddle jumps.

Most common everywhere for the first pass is robhsblo. My DD will be doing FT step out roblo. Second pass we have seen fhs-ft or ft-ft as the most common. My DD will do fp-ft. Some gyms do a third pass, but that’s not needed at all. I’ve seen all kinds of dance series, lots of straddle jumps.. my DD will do switch leap-double stag. She’ll also do a double turn. Both 1.5 and double turns are common.

Reactions: sce
All our L7s start out with RO-BHS-BLO and FHS-FT. If they do a second year, they usually go to FT-FT or some sort of FLO combo. We never do a third pass at L7, or even L8 (more deductions than it’s worth).

Our L7’s are all different on the front pass but all do a RO BHS BLO. Front passes are FT FT, FHS FT, FHS FP, FHS FLO. My dd does FT FT but floor isn’t her very best event, she’s a better bar/beam gymnast. The girls getting the best floor scores do FHS FP & FLO I believe.

Reactions: sce
My younger DD started the season doing a RO BHS BLO, FT FT, and a RO BHS FULL in prep for L8, but after a knee injury, we took out one of the passes and changed things to a RO BHS LO and FHS FT. Older DD is doing FHS FT and RO BHS LO.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back