Coaches Level 7 Help!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have a level 7 gymnast that has asked me to help with her routines, but I am used to High School rules for choreography and skill requirements so...I need help:eek:

For Beam I know she needs an Acro series of 2 A skills, a 180 degree split, a 360 degree turn and a salto dismount as well as 5 A's and 2 B's, but she wants to do an Arabian for her dismount which is a B skill...will she get deducted and do we still need to add 2 more B skills to that?

Any help is greatly appreciated, so thanks in advance :D

At Level 7 your special requirements are:
1. 180 degree split - if you use a split jump, it is also a B
2. full turn
3. salto dismount - there is no deduction for using a B salto as your dismount at Level 7
4. You need an Acro Connection with two non-flight elements AND one flight element OR an Acro connection with at least one flight element.

So, here are just a few examples of how you can achieve your Acro requirement on beam:
a) gymnast does a cartwheel connected to a cartwheel & then a backhandspring (flight & a B) later (or earlier) in the routine
b) gymnast does a back walkover connected to a backhandspring
c) gymnast does a cartwheel connected to a roundoff (flight and a B)
d) gymnast does a back walkover connected to a backwalkover and then a roundoff later in the routine

My opinion of the easiest way to get all the Bs you need in a L7 routine is to do a split jump and a backhandspring (either in a connection or isolated.)

Hope this helps.

That does help Thank You!

This is what we have for her routine (hopefully I got this alright)...

~Full Turn
~Switch Leap, Split jump
~Back Handspring
~Wolf Jump
~Back walkover, Back walkover, Arabian Dismount

Any input is greatly appreciated:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back