Coaches level 7 leap series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippymonkeysmom

I have a question about the leap/jump series in level 7. My dd is going to run and do a straddle jump into a tuck full turn jump. Her coach is a great choreographer - but her English isn't great and sometimes things get lost in translation when looking at the requirements. Does there have to be a split leap in level 7? The owner of the gym is supposed to keep up with all the changes - but while we have great coaches - the management leaves something to be desired. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks :)

yes there must be a split leap (switch leaps are also allowed even though its a C at 180). a tuck full is a C I believe and cannot be done at level 7....but then again I don't keep up w/ beam code all that much.....i've also never seen a running straddle jump done before.

i just re read your original post, and I guess I just assumed this was for beam. But anyhow there still must be split leap on floor for level 7. A switch to 180 on floor is only a b so those are allowed also.....

Level 7's must have a series of at least two dance elements (leap/hop/jump/turn) and one of those elements MUST be a 180 degree leap off of one foot. it doesn't matter what order the elements are in.

A straddle jump/tuck jump full combination does not meet this requirement.

Level 7's may do dance "C" elements.

Thanks - that is what I thought - she originally had the split leap, but liked how the straddle looked better with the music - but back to the leap it is :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back