Level 7 required skills for beam and floor

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

shelovestoflip

Proud Parent
My daughter is going to compete Level 7 in the fall. I'm curious what are the required beam and floor skills.

She has said something about 'flight' on the beam so I'm guessing that is a back handspring, which I know she has. What else is different from Level 6?

And what are the required elements for floor?

At this level, do all girls still have a 10.0 start level or does that change?

Just curious!

I think I heard vault is the same as Level 6 or can they do something else?

Thanks!

Beam - yes a flight is required (can be a bhs or a round-off). A series is (either flight or non-flight) is required. So a non-flight would be a bwo-bwo or a cartwheel-cartwheel. If they do the series included with flight - a bwo-bhs or a cartwheel-ro. A salto dismount (cartwheel or ro - back tuck or a front tuck). A split (jump or leap) of 180. Full turn. I'm not sure how many A,B,C (whatever) skills are needed. This is my dd's routine ..... mount-(dance stuff)-bhs- bwo/bwo- (dance moves)- full turn- jump series (wolf jump/split jump)- (dance moves to change direction)- cartwheel back tuck dismount. I don't think that I forgot anything,lol.

Floor - a front pass (dd does fhs-ft). A 3 flight pass with a back lay-out. This is usually done - RO/BHS/BLO but I have seen FHS/RO/BLO. A 3rd pass can be done (RO/BHS/BT) but is not required. A turn (all that I've seen do a 1 1/2 turn, but don't know if a full would suffice). Jumps (not sure about how many or whether it needs to be in combination). Leap (most do a switch leap, but not all) at 180 in combo with a jump (think that the combo is a requirement).

Vault - a FHS is what most do. A half on/half off is also done. Both of those will get the 10.0 SV. I believe that a yurchenko drill is allowed but I don't think that is has a 10.0 SV, so not ever seen.

Bars - I think 2 circling elements of over 3/4 (giant and a clear hip above 3/4). There are other requirements, but that's the main issue.

Four A skills and 2 B skills plus the special requirements, most of which are mentioned above. You can't do a yurchenko- you can do twisting vaults but not flipping vaults and they all have a start value of 10 (so why do a 1/2 on full off when a 1/2 on 1/2 off is the same value?)
Start values for floor, bars, and beam are determined by whether the special requirements are met and whether you have the 4 As and 2 Bs so if you skip the BHS on beam your start value is 9.2 ( I think it is .8 for missing a spec. req at level 7)

On bars you need two clear circling movements same or different so you can do 2 CHC or you can do giants or a combination of these.

OK, I'm not that up on things, even though my daughter's been doing this for years! What's an A skill and B skill?!!
I know the coaches will tell her what she needs to do, I'm just curious!!

shelovestoflip-All the skills in the JO code have a grade A-D A being the easiest D being hardest. For beam an example of an A would be a cartwheel, back walkover ect. a B skill would be a bhs, split jump 180 ect. It is like that on every event. In level 7 you are only allowed to do A's and B's. Level 8 you can only do C dance. Level 9 you can do all C's and only 1 D ect. There is a certain # of A's,B's ect required for each level.to achieve your start value including special requirments.
Sharks-Yes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back