WAG Level 7 requirements?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I actually have several questions...
First, do you have to compete level 6 before level 7, or can you skip it? I am currently competing Level 5 in Colorado, but in the summer of 2012, I'll be moving to Pennsylvania where they compete both compulsory and optional at the same time...
Second, what are the requirements for beam? Do you need a BWO BHS or can you do BWO BWO as a series and a BHS isolated later in the routine?
Finally, can you have a back layout flyaway with a half twist as your bar dismount? Thanks :)

You must compete at least one level 6 meet before doing level 7 and receive a qualification score. For that level, it is 32 all-around.
You can do a BWO-BWO plus a BHS, but it is a difficult connection in general and you're doing more skills overall, so there are more opportunities for deductions. Plus, it makes your routine longer so you're more likely to be overtime. So a BWO-BHS is ideal, but if you can't do it no big deal.
I think that is an acceptable dismount for bars but it seems like you would get more deductions than just doing a straight layout.

I live in PA and I've never heard of anyone doing optionals and compulsaries at the same time. As far as I know, unless you're over 14 (I think that's the age) and can prove that you're ready for level 7 (not sure of the process... I think it requires videotaping your skills and sending them to USAG? I'm sure it's on their website somewhere), you need to get your 31 to score out of level 6 before you can compete level 7.

I live in PA and I've never heard of anyone doing optionals and compulsaries at the same time. As far as I know, unless you're over 14 (I think that's the age) and can prove that you're ready for level 7 (not sure of the process... I think it requires videotaping your skills and sending them to USAG? I'm sure it's on their website somewhere), you need to get your 31 to score out of level 6 before you can compete level 7.

I'm in the same Region as PA and optionals can start competing in Nov/Dec when the compulsories are still "in season" (ie, before States) if that's what the OP meant. FYI, in the past levels 4,6,7 competed in the fall/winter and 5,8-10 were in the winter/spring. It's just been the past couple of years when the 5,7's were switched.

FYI, in the past levels 4,6,7 competed in the fall/winter and 5,8-10 were in the winter/spring. It's just been the past couple of years when the 5,7's were switched.

interesting - was this so that girls could compete 4 or 6 and then 5 or 7 in the same competition year?

interesting - was this so that girls could compete 4 or 6 and then 5 or 7 in the same competition year?

I don't recall the reason, perhaps one of the coaches can chime in. I'm pretty sure the first competitve season that the change was implemented was 2009-2010.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back