WAG Level 7 requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnast.16

Gymnast
Hi! I’m a level 6 gymnast who wants some advice. I inflamed my growth plate and was in a cast for 3 weeks but I got it off yesterday. I can’t do any tumbling or using my arm until 6 weeks of physical therapy. My first meet is about a week or two after I am allowed to use my elbow in the gym. At that meet I am most likely competing as a level 7 (because that’s what most of my team is doing for that meet). I am not 100% sure what the level 7 requirements are but I think you need to have a front handspring front tuck, a layout on floor, and a cast to handstand on bars. Does anyone know what the requirements are? I don’t have any of those skills (I have a level 7 vault and beam routine). Is there any conditioning or flexibility I can do while I am skill injured to help me get those skills. I REALLY want to get my cast to handstand. Any advice is welcomed and appreciated:)

Bars:
1. Cast to Handstand (45° fulfills SR);
2. & 3. Two (2) 360° Clear Circling elements, same or different (no hips on bar)
- One must be a B
- One from Grp. 3, 6 or 7
4. Salto Dmt – Min. of A

Beam:
1a. Acro Series (with or without Flight) AND 1b. One (1) Acro Flight element (Isolated/or in Series).
(Both Acro SRs exclude Mnt/Dmt)
2. One (1) Leap/Jump requiring 180° Cross or Side Split (Isolated /or in Series)
3. Min. of 360° Group 3 Turn on One (1) Foot (Isolated / in Series)
4. Aerial / Salto dmt - Min. of A

Floor:
1. One (1) Acro Series-min.3 directly connected Flight elem.-one a Back Layout to Two (2) feet
2. Two (2) or more directly connected Forward Acro Flight elements- one Salto/Aerial
3. Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 diff. Grp. 1 elements (direct/ indirect connection) -one (1) a LEAP w/ 180° Cross / Side Split
4. Min. of 360° Turn on One (1) Foot (Isolated / in Series)

I hope this helps.

Bars:
2. & 3. Two (2) 360° Clear Circling elements, same or different (no hips on bar)
- One must be a B
4. Salto Dmt – Min. of A

Beam:
1a. Acro Series (with or without Flight) AND 1b. One (1) Acro Flight element (Isolated/or in Series).
2. One (1) Leap/Jump requiring 180° Cross or Side Split (Isolated /or in Series)

Floor:
1. One (1) Acro Series-min.3 directly connected Flight elem.-one a Back Layout to Two (2) feet
2. Two (2) or more directly connected Forward Acro Flight elements- one Salto/Aerial
3. Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 diff. Grp. 1 elements (direct/ indirect connection) -one (1) a LEAP w/ 180° Cross / Side Split

I hope this helps.
Thank you!!!

Bars:
- One must be a B
4. Salto Dmt – Min. of A

Beam:

Floor:

I hope this helps.

On beam, if the routine has 2 split leaps/jumps, do both have to hit 180 to avoid a deduction?

Similar question on bars - if the routine has 2 casts (low bar and high bar), do both have to hit handstand or just one? Thanks!

On beam, if the routine has 2 split leaps/jumps, do both have to hit 180 to avoid a deduction?

Similar question on bars - if the routine has 2 casts (low bar and high bar), do both have to hit handstand or just one? Thanks!

Yes, they both have to hit 180 or handstand (they actually have to be within 10 degrees of handstand) to avoid deduction. That’s why it’s best to leave out extra leaps/jumps/casts unless they are needed to fulfill the requirements of the routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back