WAG Level 7 turn deduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
how large is the deduction if you fall out of the 1 1/2 turn on floor? My DD did this yesterday at her meet and her coach said it was probably .3 in deductions (since she stepped back instead of forward out of the turn). It didn't lower her start value though. Just curious!

If it didn't lower her start value, she either had 2 other B skills OR they gave her credit for the B and just took the deduction. The Special Requirement is at least a full turn, and the way you describe it, she made it past that, so they couldn't take that away from her :) Your coach is right, it could be up to .3 deduction for inexactness of turn.

thanks! Wow, I really never thought it would be such a big deduction. Almost like a fall. Her coach said that her step back was pretty big so that is why she prob got the full .3. And here I only thought I had to worry about the full turn on beam!:eek: ***stupid full turns***

I haven't looked it up to make sure, but I think they can reduce the value of the element, and take deductions for poor balance, or any hops, and possibly worse..... like they can get up to three tenths if they hop or take several steps obviously not choreographed into the routine. So combine all the deductions and you may get past .3 and maybe to .5 off the score.

Almost like a fall..... yup!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back