WAG Level 7 Vault Changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlygirls

Proud Parent
Earlier this year, there was a thread discussing changes to the L7 Vault for the 2017-2018 competition season. Is this definitely happening, and have any details regarding the allowed vaults come out yet?

I am level 7 and I haven't heard anything about it from my coaches, so I will be following this thread. What will a front handspring be worth if this is true?

2017-18 marks the start of a new 4 year cycle, so whenever they release the new COP for the new cycle they will have the details. Probably won't know any details until at least Spring. Just to be clear, those of you that are L7 THIS season will not be affected by this during the 2017 Spring season, this is for NEXT year, as in after July when the new competitive year starts.

It is happening, I'm not sure of the details. There was a session at Region 7 Congress about the changes, apparently there is talk of adapting the compulsory vaults as well.

2017-18 marks the start of a new 4 year cycle, so whenever they release the new COP for the new cycle they will have the details. Probably won't know any details until at least Spring. Just to be clear, those of you that are L7 THIS season will not be affected by this during the 2017 Spring season, this is for NEXT year, as in after July when the new competitive year starts.
Thank you!!! Great to know. My kid can do both, but loves the FHS and yes, she is crazy, but she wants one more year with it.

All changes to the code will not be in effect until next round.

Next round as in the 2017-2018 season or "next round" as in at the end of this 8 year period? I thought that girls kept stuff for 8 years, boys for 4 years...

Wow, keeping the same COP for 8 years, ours changes every 5 minutes. Well exaggeration of course but one year the routines actually changed 3 times in the same year. There was a lot of confusion. Little changes come in all the time.

Thanks to all! I thought that's what we had discussed earlier this year, but then I came across an Optionals Requirements Chart that said it was effective through July 2018, and I started wondering if the changes fell through. Looking forward to more details next Spring or Summer.

View attachment 6438

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1479053181.589439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1479053181.589439.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 88
Where did you u find that? I tried clicking the link but it doesn't work....I can't find it on USAG either. Bummer it's not for this season!

Wow, keeping the same COP for 8 years, ours changes every 5 minutes. Well exaggeration of course but one year the routines actually changed 3 times in the same year. There was a lot of confusion. Little changes come in all the time.
there are changes that occur mid cycle here well, just doesn't happen often.

So if your gymnast actually did this for level 7 this year instead of the usual fhs, would she get a deduction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back