WAG Level 7 Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymGirl's Mom

Proud Parent
DD has never been a strong FHS vaulter. Is 1/4 on 1/4 off an allowable 10.0 SV Level 7 vault? I looked at a vault chart but wasn't sure what I was reading or if it was the most updated chart. She is working 1/2 on 1/2 off which seems to be on the chart.

Also- is there any rumor of the changes for the new cycle starting in Summer 2017? The current cycle was Summer 2013-2017, correct? Will Tsuk and Yurchenko timers be allowed for Level 7? Just curious. I've been MIA for a while. Just not the CGM that I once was ;). Age and time/experience have a way of doing that to you.

So here is the vault table from 2016. This is the latest revision, according to USAG website.
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 2.49.40 PM.png

It doesn't seem to be an acceptable vault. However, if she is working 1/2 on 1/2 off, she should probably be able to easily do a 1/2 on.

Also, I've heard that yurchenko timers will be allowed for platinum, so I assume also for level 7 since they are almost identical for vault (actually, platinum is harder for vault because handsprings are 9.8).

i asked my coach about the level 7 vault changing and he said it wasn't changing for this upcoming fall season (for us). so the 2017-18 season. dd is already doing yurchenko drills.

Hmmm, I wonder. My older DD will be competing 7 either this year or next year, so maybe I will ask the coach. This could be interesting, as vault is my DD's weakest event.

At our last meeting with coach - she indicated it was likely Level 7s would be doing yuchenko or tsuk timers. She just wasn't sure if they were going to lard on their feet or back [emoji23]

Do you think all of this may be postponed a year since they decided to extend the Optionals cycle an additional year to make it so Compulsories and Optionals are on different cycles (not introducing changes to both in the same year)?

Do you think all of this may be postponed a year since they decided to extend the Optionals cycle an additional year to make it so Compulsories and Optionals are on different cycles (not introducing changes to both in the same year)?

I think I did read this on the USAG website, but I may be thinking of something else, it's early!:cool:

Yes, the changes have been delayed as a result of the shift in the Optional cycles. If you notice one of the less obvious changes in the above-posted vault chart is that it covers August 1, 2013 to July 31, 2018 (emphasis theirs). So the current vault chart with no timers is extended through the '17-'18 season and changes will be rolled out along with other rule changes for the cycle starting in August 2018.

On the feet vs back, I have heard only unofficial word of what is likely from officials, but there is no official decision yet to my knowledge. There might be word from Regional/National Congress seminars this summer to give coaches more time to train or we might all have to wait another year or so to get the changes. A long wait to be sure, but hopefully more time to consider the ramifications will mean less confusion than came from the balk rule & L8 vault changes which resulted in rule changes nearly every year of the cycle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back