Coaches Level 8 bar requirement

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know they have a choice of a turn (usually a pirouette) or a bar change with release (baille, toe shoot, straddle back). Could a giant full be used for the turn?

no D's allowed in level 8!! Also remember if you have her doing a bail in level 8 that it can't go to handstand because that is also a D.

no D's allowed in level 8!! Also remember if you have her doing a bail in level 8 that it can't go to handstand because that is also a D.

I thought it had to come from handstand or something for that. Isn't it a C from a horizontal cast? Maybe I'm confused, or I just don't think a cast horizontal shootover HS should be restricted when straddle back HS is allowed is more like it lol. Never learned a shootover (failed at the early drills, went to paks) so I'm not that up on them.

A bail that starts and ends in a handstand is a D. If you start below HS and end in a HS (or conversely start in a HS and end lower than a HS), then I believe it's a C. I don't have my judging materials in Germany, though, so I could be wrong.

I think I get confused between that and handstand to horizontal raising the the value from a B to a C.

If a bail ends in a HS it is D, a straddle back to hand is a C

Any shoot to handstand is a "D".

A straddle back from handstand to handstand is a "D".

A straddle back or shootover from a handstand to below a handstand is a "C".

A straddle back from a swing to handstand is a "C".

A straddle back from a swing to non-handstand support is a "B".

A shootover from a non-handstand support to a non-handstand support is a "B".

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back