WAG Level 8 beam acro series. Please help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

1canadiangymmom

Proud Parent
DD is wanting to make L8 this year, and looks like beam will be the deciding factor. According to her, her bhs on beam are so ugly, she will take more than a point in deduction on them. I don't watch, so can't confirm. Her coach has told her to come up with something else, that will count and be up to level for her series. Any interesting suggestions out there??

All of Teezi's ideas are good.

If she can get a B+B, both with flight, that will be more "up to level." That would be FHS RO, or FHS FHS.

Or if she does a series like CW + RO, adding a standing tuck will help with her "level."

This may be way off...but here goes. I'm assuming her single BHS must be okay...it's just the connection?Our gym requires BHS/BLO for L8. Most of the girls say it's "easier" than the BHS/BHS. Easier because aren't worried about their hands.

How about front walkover round - off? That can also be used as a dismount.

both need flight. and RO not allowed except for connection to dismount
Ohh, good one!

This may be way off...but here goes. I'm assuming her single BHS must be okay...it's just the connection?Our gym requires BHS/BLO for L8. Most of the girls say it's "easier" than the BHS/BHS. Easier because aren't worried about their hands.
nope, even single BHS she says is ugly, she says it would take more deductions than she would get in credit for the skill :confused:

keep the ideas coming.

I was always baffled by this, because I assumed it was always scarier to throw a flip for the second. Very interesting to know! :)

front handspring step - out roundoff to a dismout
dive cartwheel front handspring step - out
front handspring step - out front handspring step - out

Some of these ideas might be really hard... but I'm trying.:D

I also wasn't capable of throwing the BHS-BHS on beam, way to scary. So I did BHS-BT. If her single BHS is fine then that might be an option. I've also seen:
- Front tuck step out (sorry, I don't know the official term) -BT
- BT-BT

I also wasn't capable of throwing the BHS-BHS on beam, way to scary. So I did BHS-BT. If her single BHS is fine then that might be an option. I've also seen:
- Front tuck step out (sorry, I don't know the official term) -BT
- BT-BT

Only 1 "C" acro allowed in level 8, so neither of these would be acceptable.

Could she maybe do a back tuck Korbut? Or back hand spring Korbut? Back walkover back tuck?
Ok, I am up (again!) for learning something new. What is this Korbut thingee?
(says the mom whose child had best never learn one, I know how good this gymnast was, even back in the day...)

(says the mom whose child had best never learn one, I know how good this gymnast was, even back in the day...)
Also called a splashdown I think. It's like a BHS where you straddle beam instead of landing on feet.

Youtube can be your best friend in the gym world. Lots of videos

Could she maybe do a back tuck Korbut? Or back hand spring Korbut? Back walkover back tuck?
I think this might be the plan, last night she was working HS Korbut on the low beam, She likes the Korbut, so will just need to figure out what first skill works in that connection best I guess. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
If she does the BT Korbutt, if she does a round off gainer dismount would this fulfill all her 4 B requirements?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back